20. You Know What You're Doing

"Hi

"Hi." Katherine smiles when I reluctantly pull my lips away from hers.

"Hi." I smile right back, rubbing my thumb across her bottom lip. "How are you?"

Katherine shrugs. "Been a bit boring with out you around. If I'm being honest."

"I am pretty un-boring, aren't I?"

Katherine giggles before holding up a full grocery bag. "I thought we could make dinner!"

"We?" I question.

"Yeah. We both kind of suck at cooking, so I figured we could learn together." She twirls a strand of her hair nervously.

"You're adorable, Katherine Anne Kenny."

Katherine scrunches up her nose with a cute, crooked, closed-lip smile. "You're pretty adorable, too, Jake question mark Henry."

I laugh. "Vincent. Jake Vincent Henry."

"Thank you." Katherine sings before leaning up on her toes and kissing the tip of my nose. "We're making Chicken Alfredo, with homemade cheesy bread. Figured we'd start out simple."

"Sounds easy. Let me change, 'kay?"

"'Kay." Katherine says before I drag my bags upstairs.

When I walk into my bedroom, I notice the unmade bed. I always make my bed, which means... She slept in here?! Oh thank God. But also, oh fuck. I'm getting hard just thinking about her in my bed... Alone... In those tiny little pajama shorts she wears. Which leads to me thinking about those tiny shorts that she was wearing when I had my fingers inside of her. The ones I nearly ripped in half just so I could bury my face in her thighs.

I'll rip 'em. One day. I'm gonna do it.

I change into a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie before making sure everything is adjusted and in place...

"I'm obsessed with the microwave drawer." Katherine says as I walk into the kitchen. It was put in the week after I left, so I haven't gotten the luxury of using it. 

"Lucky you." I snicker. "Glad someone has gotten to use it."

"Oh not just me. Evelyn, Sophia, Ruby, Delilah, your mom, even Deke accidentally nudged a button with his nose last night." I throw my hands up.

"This is ridiculous." I whine as Katherine spreads out the ingredients and contents of tonight's meal.

"Get to work, hockey boy."

I wrap my arms around her waist and rest my chin on her shoulder. "I'll watch for the first few minutes. You seem like you know what you're doing."

My head turns as Katherine pours Fettuccine pasta into a pot with water.

She's gotten a few more freckles on her face since I last saw her. Her eyes are more turquoise than blue today. Her nose scrunches as she concentrates on the task at hand. Her plump lips are pressed together in a line.