Episode 7 : The Family Dinner

Hey guys, here's the next episode. Please vote and comment.

Happy Reading..!!

<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>

The episode starts in the dining room of the Subramanian House.

Everyone is sitting at the dining table, proceeding to have dinner.

(Kartik is sitting beside Saanvi on one side; Vihaan is sitting with Hema on the other side and Rajan is sitting on the front end)

The dining table is filled with appetizing and exquisite food items ranging from rice, sambaar, steamy idlis, dosa, masala vada, dry and curried vegetables, chapattis and rasam. Pineapple sheera is served as a side dessert.

Everyone is having dinner in silence, focusing solely on the food served on their plates.

Only the sound of the silverwares could be heard, until Hema speaks -

Hema(asking Kartik): How is the food, kanna? Do you like it?

Kartik, who is tastefully devouring the spicy and crunchy masala vadas, replies to Hema -

Kartik: Is that even a question, Amma? I'm loving it...Itne saal ho gaye, lekin aapke haath ke khaane ka taste nahi badla...

Hema smiles warmly at Kartik. Just then, Rajan comments -

Rajan(holding the masala vada and looking at it): I find these masala vadas very bland...(to Hema) Suman tumse better masala vada banati thi..

Kartik defends his mother in law.

Kartik: Bland? No Appa. I find them tasteful...(takes a bite)

Rajan(straight face; to Kartik): Tumhari spice tolerance bhaut kam hai, toh you wouldn't know...

Kartik looks blankly at him.

Rajan always used to disregard his opinions, like they don't matter at all.

Kartik was tired of this behavior of his father in law, so he instead focused on his food.

Just then, Hema chirps into their conversation -

Hema: Woh...Vihaan ko dhyaan mein rakhke, mene har cheez mei thoda kam spice daala hai, (to Rajan) isliye shayad thoda bland lage aapko...

Rajan nods meekly at his wife and continues eating from his plate.

Just then, Kartik notices Vihaan finishing  off the pineapple sheera first so he stops him -

Kartik(sternly): Vihaan...pehle dessert kyu khaa rhe ho? Finish off other things first...dessert last mei khana...otherwise you will leave all other things I know...

Vihaan(pouting): But Papa, I'm liking the sheera, it's very tasty...I want to eat it first.

Kartik: No yo-

Rajan(interrupting Kartik): Why are you telling him what to eat, what not to eat? He's old enough to eat on his own...let him be.

Kartik(trying to reason): I'm just trying to teach him etiquettes, Appa...what's wrong in that?

Rajan looks at Kartik for sometime in dispiritedness, but then leaves the topic not wanting to indulge further into the argument with his son-in-law.

Kartik refocuses on his son, who was clueless about the cold war between his father and his grand father.