Christmas at Hogwarts

(Harry, Emma, Hermione and Ron are walking along a path with Hagrid, talking.)

Hagrid: Nonsense! Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?

"Yes, that's what I'd like to know," Lily growls, glaring at Snape.

"It wasn't me!" he wails.

Harry: Who knows? Why was he trying to get past that Three-headed dog at Halloween?

Emma: (Narrows her eyes) What three-headed dog?

Hagrid: (Turns to them suspiciously) Who told you 'bout Fluffy?

Ron: Fluffy?

"You named it Fluffy?" James asks, incredulous.

Hermione: That thing has a name?

Emma: (Impatiently) What thing? Tell me!

Hagrid: Well of course he's got a name. He's mine. I bought him off an Irish feller I met down at the pub last year. Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the...

Harry: Yes?

Hagrid: Shouldn't have said that. No more questions! Don't ask any more questions. That's top secret, that is.

Emma: (frustrated) What's top secret?

Harry: But, Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it.

Hagrid: Codswallop. Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher.

Hermione: Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a jinx when I see one. I've read all about them. You've got to keep eye contact and Snape wasn't blinking.

Harry: Exactly.

Emma: How can you not blink?! Why would Snape try to steal this... thing? AND WHY ON EARTH ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT A THREE-HEADED DOG?!?!

Harry: We'll tell you later. (Emma grumbles but does not elaborate.)

Hagrid: (Sighs) Now, you listen to me, all three of you. You're meddling in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel.

All the staff sigh in exasperation that Hagrid has let this slip.

Harry: (Curious and turns to Ron then turns back to Hagrid) Nicholas Flamel?

Hagrid: (Mumbles to himself) I shouldn't said that. I should not have said that.

(He then leaves, mumbling to himself "I should have not said that".)

Harry: Nicholas Flamel. (Turns to Hermione) But who's Nicholas Flamel?

(It is now Christmas at Hogwarts, with snow falling. Hagrid is dragging a massive Christmas tree to the castle.) (Hermione walks to the Great Hall entrance with her luggage and wearing a scarf as the ghosts are singing Christmas songs.)

Ghosts: Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas. Ring the Hogwarts bell. Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas...

(Hermione looks from the massive Christmas tree as Flitwick uses his wand to put another ornament on the tree to Harry, Emma and Ron as the two boys play Chess while Emma watches and walks towards them.)

Harry: Knight to E5. (The Knight moves to its destination. Hermione walks up behind Harry.)

Ron: (With a smug face) Queen to E5.

(Hermione watches as Ron's queen goes over to Harry's knight and whacks the knight with her chair. Ron grins and Emma sighs.)

"You're horrible at chess, Harry," Ginny observes.