A Strange Quidditch Match

(The next morning, the gang is sitting, eating. Harry is twirling his food on a fork.)

Ron: Take a bit of toast, mate, go on.

Hermione: Ron's right, Harry. You're gonna need your strength today.

Harry: I'm not hungry.

Emma: (Stubbornly) Yes you are. (picks up a piece of toast and zooms it around.) Here comes the Nimbus 2000! Open up!

Lunar laughs. "How come you never did that with me?"

"You'll see."

(Harry snorts with laughter and as his mouth is open, Emma throws the toast into it. Harry starts choking. Ron smacks him on the back and the bit of toast comes flying out.)

Harry: Over Emma's laughter) Thanks a lot, Em.

Emma: It was my pleasure.

(Snape appears at the table.)

Snape: Good luck today, Potter. Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you...even if it is against Slytherin.

"Okay, that's a little sus, Snivellus."

"Shut up, Potter."

(Snape walks off, limping. Harry notices this.)

Harry: That explains the blood.

Hermione: Blood?

Harry: Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try to get past that three-headed dog. But he's gotten himself bitten, that's why he's limping.

Emma: Pffft. As if anyone would try to get past that dog. Why would anyone even want to get past that dog? It'd bite their leg off - if they're lucky.

Hermione: Yeah, why would anyone want to get past the dog?

Harry: The day Emma and I were at Gringotts-

Emma: Oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Harry: (Irratably) Yeah, the day we were at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults, said it was Hogwarts business, very secret.

Hermione: So you're saying-

Emma: (Enthusiasticly) That's what the dog's guarding!

Harry: That's what Snape wants.

Ron: It's scary when you finish off each other's sentences, you know.

"Relateable," Fred and George both say. 

Ron coughs. "You do the exact thing with yourselves."

(Hedwig screeches as she enters the Great Hall. She is carrying a very long, large parcel. She drops it off at the table.)

Hermione: Bit early for mail, isn't it.

Harry: But I-I never get any mail.

Emma: Don't worry Harry, I think it's just a note from the Dursley's saying you've been kicked outta the house.

Ron: Let's open it.

(They open it to reveal a broomstick.)

James groans in envy and delight. "Do you still have it?" He asks eagerly.

Harry and Emma exchange amused looks. "Well..."

"DON'T TELL ME YOU DON'T HAVE IT! WHAT DID YOU DO - RUN IT INTO THE WHOMPING WILLOW?"