Platform Nine and Three Quarters

(Kings Cross station is shown. Up on a crossing bridge, Harry, with his cart of his baggage, equipment and Hedwig, Emma, carrying a simple backpack on her back and Wisdom, her owl, in her hand walk beside Hagrid. A couple look at Hagrid suspiciously.)

Hagrid: What're you looking at? (He then checks watch) Blimey, is that the time? Sorry, Harry, Emma, I'm gonna have to leave you. Dumbledore'll be wanting his- well, he'll be wanting to see me. Now, uh, your train leaves in 10 minutes. Here's your ticket. (hands the train ticket) Stick to it, Harry and Emma, that's very important. Stick to your ticket.

(Harry looks at the ticket.)

Harry: Platform nine and three quarters?

Emma: But, Hagrid, there must be a mistake. This says Platform 9¾. There's no such thing...is there?

(Harry and Emm look up to see that Hagrid has vanished into thin air. The scene cuts to show Harry and Emma wandering around Kings Cross. A man rushes by.)

Man: Sorry.

Emma: That's alright.

(The two see a station guard.)

Harry: Excuse me.

Emma: Excuse me.

Station Guard: Just on your left, ma'am.

Harry: Excuse me, sir. Could you tell us where Platform Nine and Three Quarters is?

Station Guard: (Incredulous) Nine and three quarters? Think you're being funny, do ya? (Walks off, muttering under is breath.) Nine and three quarters.

(Harry and Emma then notice a woman, daughter, and four boys walk by, pushing carts.)

"Yay! It's us!" Fred and George cry.

Mrs Weasley: It's the same year after year. Always packed with Muggles, of course.

Emma: Muggles? (She looks at Harry and the two incospiciously follow behind the family.)

Mrs Weasley: Come on. Platform Nine and Three Quarters this way! Percy, you go first.

(A tall boy with red hair, called Percy, comes forward and runs towards a brick wall. Amazingly, he disappears right into it. Harry and Emma are amazed.)

Mrs Weasley: Fred, you next. 

George: He's not Fred, I am!

Fred: Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother.

Mrs Weasley: Oh sorry, George. 

(Fred moves towards the wall.)

Fred: Just joking, I am Fred. (He runs through the wall, and is followed by his twin brother. Harry shakes his head in disbelief.)

Harry: Excuse us! C-could tell me how to-

Mrs Weasley: How to get on the platform? Yes, not to worry, dear. It's Ron's first time to Hogwarts as well. (pan to a red haired boy, called Ron, who smiles) Now, all you've got to do is walk straight at the wall between platforms 9 and 10. Best do it at a bit of a run if you're nervous.

Ginny: Good luck.

(Harry and Emma take a breath and run at the wall. They shut their eyes and emerge on the other side a magnificent station at Platform 9¾ with a red train, which is the Hogwarts Express, and bundles of people. A whistle blows, and Harry sighs with relief.)

(Later on, the Hogwarts Express is travelling through the countryside. Harry is in sitting alone in a train compartment, and Ron appears in the doorway.)