chapter 3

"Okay so that button sucks up the ghost and that one shots them out, or you know if you get something stuck in it," Luigi explained as we rode up the elevator.

We rode up to the fifth floor, where our rooms were located.

"So what are we looking for again, Luigi?" I ask while looking around the hallways.

"In one of these rooms is a special suitcase that belongs to E Gadd," he explains opening a door.

When he opens the door he immediately freezes and stands there in shock. I run over to him only to find a ghost cleaning the room and E Gadd's suitcase.

The ghost turns around and immediately drops her duster. She floats there in shock.

"Uhhhh Luigi, should we catch her?" I whisper.

As I talk she grabs E Gadd's suitcase, shallows it and flies through the wall into the next room. I ran over to the next room only to find nothing, no ghost.

'She must be hiding' I thought to myself as I searched the room.

I saw something poke its way up from behind a bed and I knew she was here. I flashed the spot and sure enough it was her. I started to take a hold of her using the Poltergust, but sadly with all my effort she got away.

"Ugh, where could she have gone now?" I quickly ran out of that room and continued my search.

I heard some struggling from another room and the sound of a vacuum. Running over to the open door Luigi had slammed the ghost on the ground, but she still got away.

"That should have g-gotten her down on energy," he remarked.

I nodded my head and eventually found the ghost again. She was hiding behind the wardrobe, I flashed her and started to suck her in my Poltergust. After a while she finally got sucked in with a final dusting and poof.

The suitcase and a button from the elevator popped out. I smiled brightly, grabbing the button and putting it in my pocket.

"_____ you did it!" Luigi ran up to me and hugged me.

"Yeah I guess I did!" I responded.

Then both of our VB's or Virtual Boos started ringing.

"Good job you too! Now come on chop-chop, bring that suitcase back to me!" E Gadd quickly hung.

We headed back to the elevator and made it back to E Gadd's laboratory. He happily took the suitcase from me and gestured for Luigi to come over.

"Now the Poltergust G-00 is finally finished! Introducing Gooigi!" E Gadd exclaimed.

"Goo-whata?" I asked in confusion.

"Don't worry my dear friends, you'll find out eventually now goodbye!" again E Gadd pushes us out.

I shrug my shoulders and we head back to the elevator. I take the button out from my pocket and it's for floor three. Automatically the button gets sucked into the socket.

"Don't worry that always happens," Luigi reassures me.

The elevator finally stops and when the doors open me and Luigi are met with a mall-like area. I walk ahead of him and notice an officer looking ghost go through a wall and drop a red diamond shaped key.

"Hey Luigi did you see that?" I ask only not to see the green plumber.

I look around whispering his name. When I find him, he's sleeping? I try and wake him up, but to no avail. I look at the upgrade that E Gadd added and the green goop that was once in it is gone.

Once again I try and wake Luigi, until I feel a cold, squishy substance lay on my shoulder. I slowly turn around and come face to face with a green goopy, thing that looks like Luigi.

"Gooigi?" is the only thing that escapes my mouth.

Gooigi nods his head and gives me the red diamond shaped key from before. He smiles and then disappears. I hear Luigi gasp and mumble something to himself.

"It worked, that's nice oh _____ are you okay?" I stand there in silence, but quickly shake my head.

"Uhm we got the key, all we need to do is find the right store" I say.

After more Luigi sleeping, Gooigi helping out and me being too amazed at what E Gadd created. We had finally found the right key for the officer ghosts office. We head back to the escalator only for it to stop and not work, me and Luigi get sent back down to the bottom.

A large red ghost comes out of the escalator and tries to attack, but I'm quick to stun them and suck the ghost up. Luigi gives me a thumbs up as we head towards the next ghost we have to handle.

Neither me or Luigi can fight this officer ghost, so we depend on Gooigi to help. And soon enough he sucks the ghost up and nabs another elevator button.

I cheer him on as Luigi wakes up and celebrates another victory.

------------------‐------------------------------------------------------
Ty for reading my story so far ♡