chapter 2

-♡°☆-

My eyes shoot open to the once bright and happy hotel room, that's now dark and gloomy. I hear thunder rawr as it rains heavily outside. Getting up from my bed I grab my suitcase, open it and look for any type of light source. Of course I found nothing so I grabbed a nearby candle from a dresser.

Looking around the room it seems gloomy and or spooky. I decide to leave my room and try to find the others. When I opened the door I found nothing, but the hallway torn to shreds. There's ripped up towels, broken glass and other objects. On the walls pictures of Luigi hang as if he was a criminal.

'I need to find Luigi and the others, before anything else happens' I think as I go grab one of the posters from the wall.

Stuffing the poster into my pocket, I find a laundry chute. I climb into it sliding down, to what I presume is the basement.
------------------------------------------------------------

I fall down into a large basket filled with sheets and other dirty laundry. I hop out looking around and realized I was right, I was in the laundry room. I walked around noticing washing machines were on and towels were on the floor. I find a door and leave the room.

Outside I find Polterpup upside down in a trash bin. I quickly run up to him.

"Polterpup! How did you get here?" I pet the ghostly dog's back.

"Do you know where Luigi and the others are?" I ask as he hops out of the trash.

He barks and licks my face, even though he's been in the trash. I carefully back away as he leads me to where hopefully everyone else is. He leads me to a room filled with parking spots and one car.

I run over to it only to find the truck wide open, but nothing is in it. I sigh loudly, shutting the trunk.

"Why'd you bring me here buddy?" I pet Polterpup's head crouching on the floor.

And as if on cue, a door opens revealing Luigi himself and a small short man behind him.

"_____?!" I turn my head to see Luigi run towards me and engulf me in a hug.

"I was so worried I had lost you to King Boo, but you weren't in his painting, like the o-others" he says squeezing me tight.

"Wait what do you mean?" I ask as he separates from the hug.

Luigi then explains to me how all the Toads, Mario and Peach had gotten captured by King Boo. Including the Professor, but he had found a way to save him from his painting prison. He also explained how ghosts roamed the hotel trying to find him.

"So, is there a way to travel around the hotel, without getting grabbed by ghosts?" I ask in wonder.

"Why of course my dear!" I hear a voice say.

It was Professor E Gadd. I've heard from Luigi that he specialized in exploring the paranormal, mostly ghosts though.

"Why the Poltergust G-00, my newest invention can help nab those ghosts, but sadly it's missing a component" he exclaimed.

After he said this a large dome shaped building appeared in the garage. I lightly jumped back in awe, that this small man was holding an entire building in his pocket.

"Alright, come in you two, come in" he ushered me and Luigi inside the large dome.

E Gadd, had an entire laboratory inside the dome building.

He pulled out a vacuum shaped object and handed it to me.

"Now that is Poltergust 5-00 an old invention, but with a few upgrades you could be at the level of the Poltergust G-00, haha" he chuckled.

I put the invention on my back, getting comfortable in its feel and smiled thanking the professor.

"Oh by the way you two, take these so you can communicate with each other and me!" He said handing me and Luigi these red headset-like things.

"Now chop-chop, Luigi will fill you in on everything,!" The professor pushed us and shut his door.

I looked at Luigi in surprise, then started laughing. Soon Luigi joined me too.

"Alright let's go catch some ghosts!" I shouted and we headed out.