17: Lord of the Ring Toss

Start from the beginning

End confessional

As we continued our search, Ryan ringed a narwhal before it went back underwater, both of them then argued before leaving. While Marnie was comforting a depressed-looking Brody, I reached into the snow and managed to find two rings.

"Here, Geoff," I said, giving one of them to him. He smiled and ran toward the water.

"We found rings!" he cheered, as he threw his ring, but because there wasn't a narwhal anywhere, he just threw it into the water.

"Whoa, dude wait until you see a water unicorn," Brody said.

"Oh, right, right, ha-ha sorry," Geoff said. I spotted a narwhal and threw my ring but I came up just short. Groaning I turned back and I started to search through the snow for more rings. But tension was rising quickly, and more teams were arriving. I found and then grabbed more and more rings from the snow but missed each and every one of them. Geoff then ran up clutching around nine rings and he threw them all at the narwhal, but all of them missed, shocking even the narwhal. Then, Ennui walked up to the edge of the ice, and held his ring out, a narwhal popped out of the water and the tusk went into the inside the ring. Ennui then dropped the ring onto the tusk. They walked away and left the rest of us in disbelief. In any case, I was still missing my ring throws but they were just continuing to miss.

"If only I had taken basketball lessons instead of gymnastic ones," I thought to myself, throwing another ring but once again I came up just short as it hit the narwhal in the face. Owen also managed to ring a narwhal, and we had now gone from second to tied for fourth. I found another ring and squared up with Geoff. At this point the narwhals were laughing at us and our misfortune. Then the two of us threw our rings, mine went into the water, but he accidentally hit one of the cameramen.

Confessional: Brody, Marnie and the Inuit:

"Man, this is so intense we were in first and second, but now two teams are ahead of us," Brody said.

"Agreed, the only thing worse than botching a botch is watching a botch," Marnie said, groaning. Brody then patted her slightly on the back as they both smiled at each other.

End confessional

"Don't give up, Geoff, you can do this," Brody smiled.

"Yeah, come on Kristen!" Marnie said to me. Geoff and I then both threw our rings. Once again, I missed, but Geoff somehow ringed a baby seal, it jumped out and gave us a confused look. After that we went back to searching again.

"Come on, come on," Geoff said to himself while digging.

"Don't worry Geoff, we can do this," I said, as I also searched through the snow.

"Oh hey, are you four still here?" I looked up and spotted the Ice Dancers and glared slightly.

"Ha! I thought your partners were the weak links on your teams but maybe not," Josee said, I knew she was talking bullshit. But at the same time I was worried I was letting Marnie down. Geoff also looked quite downtrodden, but we gathered more rings and continued to throw, but just continued missing more rings. Okay, this was getting ridiculous.

"It's okay dude you're doing... great," Brody cried.

"Don't worry Kris you've got this," Marnie said, but there was a slight downtrodden tone in her voice. I knew this was a total low point for me and her. Geoff and I then got ready but unbeknownst to myself and him, when we threw our rings they somehow ended up around the necks of our partners. The two of them looked completely dead inside. Brody then cried a bit into his gloves as Marnie gave him a sympathetic look. Suddenly, Josee ringed her narwhal.