Rescue Mission

Sean's pov

I spit the gag out and start cutting the ropes with a rusted knife I was able to pick up. "Alright. We will have to kill him." I hear them discussing. "How will we do that without getting caught." The other one says. I listen to their conversation. I'm too busy listening that I accidentally cut myself from the knife. I suck in a deep breath and start cutting into the rope. "So we will shoot him, torture him, then let him slowly die?" They walk out smiling. "Wait, where is the knife. I thought I left it in here." I pretend to be asleep so they don't get the knife from me since I'm not finished. If they get it, I know I'm done. "Maybe it is in the kitchen." I hear them leave and I start cutting the ropes again.

Mike's pov

I see an abandoned storage house that I have been to many times on report scenes. "Let's go in there." I point to the house. I park the street across the street so they expect nothing. "You three stay here. Johnson and I will take care of this." We nod in agreement.

Sean's pov

I get the ropes cut and slowly make my way. "Hey, John, he escaped!" "Well, don't just stand there, shoot him down, Robert!" I throw the knife at Robert and it clings to his arm. He dropped the gun and holds his arm, wincing. John runs in and tackles me. I can't get out of his grasp. "They must not care about you. No backup and no money. Sorry kiddo, but you're finished." He takes the rusty blood filled knife out of Robert and puts it to my heart. He is about to stab me when we here three gun shots at the same time. Robert shot the cops and Jason shot John in the head. John falls on me, cold and dead. The cops are unconscious as Jason tries to wake them. "W-why did you save me?" I stammer. "I am not going to let anyone kill part of my family." He says, blowing the smoke from the gun. He confuses me but I don't think about it. "Let's get out of here." I say holding one officer as he holds the other. "Sean!" We all say as they come out of the house. "Jason saved my life." I say. "How can I repay you?" He turns to me. "You remember what I just told you in there?" He asks in his southern twang. I nod. "That's how."

* 5 days later *

Jason's pov

I walking holding Sean's sister's hand, Miranda, as we walk down a crosswalk. "Miranda, will you make me the happiest man on earth by becoming my wife?" He asks. Her face lights up with tears. "Yes. Yes, I will!" She says. I slide the ring on her finger and I nod to Sean, who is hiding in the bushes.

Sean's pov

He gave me the signal and I walk to the church. "She said yes. They will be here in 5.

Jason's pov

I walk with her and we get to the church. She gets in her dress while I get in my tux.

Miranda's pov

As I walk down the aisle, I see a tear riding down his face. He wipes it quickly hoping I didn't see it. We are gathered here..." He starts. "Everyone knows why we are here." She says quickly. "Jason, do you take me as your wife? Yes, of course you do. Do I take you? Yes, of course. Why wouldn't I?" We get off as we slide each other's rings on our fingers.

Sean's pov

I watch them walk down the aisle, Jason holding her bridal style. He shoots me a thumbs up and I nod. I turn to Mary. "Next time there is a wedding, it's going to be me and you." I say, kissing her. She just smiles and returns the kiss, gratefully.