One thing to the next

Sean's pov

I wake up and see that is six o'clock. I get dressed and kissed Mary on the forehead. She smiles in her sleep. She had a rough night last night so I gave her the day off. I get to The Eatery (restaurant name.) I see the sign I put on the door. It says this is a diner, so drive in, and dive right in. I go to unlock the door and I realized the it is already unlocked. That's odd. I think to myself. No one has a key but me and Mary. I grab a flashlight and walk in cautiously. "Who's here!" I shout, making sure my gun is loaded. "Damn! Someone is here bro. We have to get out of here!" I hear the robber say. He said brother, so I know he is not alone. "Shit." I whisper to myself. Gun shots ring the building and one strikes my arm. I go down howling in pain. I hear the emergency alarm go off. "Oh no you don't!" I scream l, ignoring the pain. "Not on my watch!" I run back to the back and realized I don't have my gun. "I don't have to go back." I say to myself as I open the door. I saw them put the recipe book in their car and the money I was going to pay the bills with. "Get the hell out of that car!" I shout, shooting at them. I hit one guy in the leg and his brother took off without him. "Where the hell is he going!" I shout, my knuckles turning white from clenching the good so hard. "I'll - I'll take him to y-you man. Just please don't shoot." He says holding his arms up while sweat drips down his forehead from fear. "You should be scared!" I rage, ready to kill him. "Take me to him.. NOW!"

* 30 minutes later *

Jasper's pov

"Sean! Where are you!" I shout through the dark and empty restaurant. I try calling him but he doesn't answer his phone. I take a step forward and notice there is a puddle of blood on the floor. My eyes go wide and I call the cops, Mary, and Brianna. "Sean!" I scream, running to his office, but all I see is blood on the handle. The cops and the girls arrive.

Cop pov

"I'm Sheriff Johnson. Someone call at this area?" "My friend, Sean, this is his restaurant. He was supposed to work......" his voice trailed off. "It's fine, son, we will take care of it." He nods to the other sheriff. They walk inside and find a note on the office handle that wasn't there before. "That wasn't there before.." Jasper starts, but the cop silences him. "What's it say, Mike?" "I have your boss. He is wounded and I won't be afraid to do it again. If you ever want to see him again, put the deed of the restaurant and 5,000 dollars in an envelope. Refuse and he dies." Mike reads. Inside is a picture of Sean with a knife to his throat and a wounded and sliced arm.

Mary's pov

"We have to do what they say. I can't lose him... not again." She replies, ready to faint. We look at her. "Again?" We ask in unison. "I'll explain later. "Hold on!" We hear a voice at the counter.

Jason's pov

"To catch a criminal, we got to think like a criminal, and I know just the way how." I say, determined to find him.