Yankee Beginning

Sean's pov

I wake up bright and early. Mary is still asleep. I get dressed and walk over to Jasper's house. "Morning." He says, opening the door before I can knock. I walk inside where I smell fresh pastries coming out of the oven. Brianna pulls them out and sets them on the stove. "Wow. They look and smell great. What are they?" I ask, walking over to her. "Cinnamon roll with an apple strudel. Chocolate croissant, one with white, one with milk, and one with dark chocolate. "Wow. You are going to be working at the bakery if you don't mind." I say as she smiles. "I was going to work with Jasper. He is opening up a restaurant on Main street." "Oh damn." I mumble under my breath. "What's wrong?" I hear Mary say behind me. "I didn't know you were awake." I mumble. "Are you ready to open at Broadway? Big and fancy, nice and breezy." She says, kissing me out. Jasper walks in with a scowl on his face. "You are opening a restaurant at the same time we are?" He asks, not looking happy. "Okay first off. We have had this place long before to u did. Second, New York is a big place." I say, wondering why he is so mad. He walks out the door with Brianna and the pastries. "What's with him?" Mary asks, confused. "I don't know, but I intend on finding out." I say walking out the door with Mary following close behind.

Mary's pov

I watch Sean go inside and get the keys while i sit in the car.

* 20 minutes later *

"Okay guys. We are opening in a few hours. Sean is on his way with everything." I instruct them. "I want everything perfect when he gets here."

Sean's pov

"Come on you stupid light. Some of us have somewhere to be." I shout, annoyed. I hear my phone ringing and it's Mary. I answer the phone and tell her I am 10 minutes away. "Finally!" I say, walking up the steps. "We are OPEN!" I scream, outside. People start flooding in, automatically smelling the fragrance in the restaurant. I see a 4 man with a cloak over their heads. I watch them, suspicious of who they are and what they will do. "I need to talk the manager." One says, gruffly. "Speak." I say, crossing my arms. They tell me they are from a prank show and they want to use my store as a gig. "Maybe later. I just opened. Start being regular customers first and then we will go from there." I say, ushering then out of my office door. They each order a white chocolate croissant whole the other orders an oreo doughnut. "$12. 15." Alice, a worker and high school friend of mine tell them. They go and sit down. Just then, I see a man, broad and tall, walk in with two girls and his wife.