"Yeah, okay. Deal." I promise. "Now does this mean you're willing to go all in? I know you said it before, but now that word is out, are you still up for it?"

Harry sits up, straightening his workout clothes. Confused, I pull my robe closed and prop myself against the side of the sofa, crossing my arms defensively. After what feels like hours, Harry turns to me, tucking his left leg underneath his right thigh and resting his left elbow on the back of the furniture.

"There's more at stake for you than me," he reminds me.

"Yes," I reply, "There is. I am in danger of losing the love of my life over some stupid comments on Twitter. There is a lifetime at stake."

His faint smile is tinged with sadness. I watch as his eyes shift around the room. "I went through this, baby." The pet name still sends my tummy into a series of flips that might win the Olympic gold medal in gymnastics, and I try to tone my response down.

"I know you did, Harry. Which is why I know you'll be able to assist me in navigating the waters ahead," I urge.

I watch as his eyes appraise me carefully, so I attempt to keep my face as open as possible, not wanting to give him an opportunity to find an excuse to turn me away.

With a deep sigh, he speaks, "You know that there are people who think I'm madly in love with my 1D bandmate?"

"Yeah."

"And you know there are people who will swear that I am too young to commit?"

"They might be surprised to find you were committed to me for two years," I remind him. "Look. I don't care about any of what they say. All that matters to me is that you love me and that we face every adversity together. United."

If he had hesitated, I'm not sure what I would have done. Instead, he captures my hands and gazes into my eyes. "Got it. Together. You and I."

Which prompts me to start singing, "You and I. We don't wanna be like them. We can make it 'til the end. Nothing can come between you and I."

Harry laughs and continues the verse with me, "Not even the Gods above can separate the two of us. No. Nothing can come between you and I."

We dissolve into giggles and then order room service, putting on a movie while we wait for food to be delivered.

==========

May 3, 2019

"Here's your coffee, love," Harry hands me my cup as I sit up in bed, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. Gratefully, I take the dark liquid from him.

"Thanks, H. Has the segment been on yet?"

"You honestly think I would let you sleep through your television news debut? Nope. But it's supposed to be up next."

My boyfriend looks spiffy in his workout clothes as he perches on the side of our bed in our New York apartment. He looks way more nervous than I feel as the commercial ends, and Hoda Kotb appears on-screen talking to Savannah Guthrie. Taking a sip of my hot beverage, I put the cup on the bedside table, folding my legs into a criss cross position as I rest my elbows on my knees, leaning forward. Harry's hand rubs over my back.

"The Met Gala is Monday night, right?" Savannah begins. "Hosted by Harry Styles, Lady Gaga, and some other people."

"It is," Hoda adds in, "but none of them would speak to me with all of the secrecy around the event. All we know is the camp theme."

"You got a chance to talk to Vanessa Johansson, girlfriend to the famous host Harry Styles earlier this week. What's she like?"

Hoda adjusts her legs on the high stool, "To be honest, Savannah, I think his fans are going to be disappointed." My heart drops to my knees, the coffee settling in my stomach like an ocean of oil, clinging to the sides as it sloshes back and forth. Here I had thought we'd had a lovely chat.