"It's okay. If he's gonna treat you like that you know he's not the right guy. No guy thats going to treat my daughter like that isn't going to date my daughter." he said.

  "Okay daddy." I said smiling. He wiped the tears from my face. "Wanna go get some dinner?"

  "Sure. I dont wanna waste and outfit like this on a bad memory."

   My dad laughed and we started walking out of store. We got to the truck and I got in.

   "Where does the princess want to go?"

   I thought and I chose the resturant my dad and I always went to when i was younger, "Gourmes"

   "You still remember that place?"

   "Dad, I do remember my childhood." I said

    "Your a funny like smart mouth."

    "Hey! I get it from you."

 My dad laughed and we puled in to gourmes. We walked in and an old waitress walked up to us, "Wow! Sadie, Jeremy, Is that you?"

   " Ya, it's been a long time since we've been here Darlen."  My dad said

    We sat down and I ordered the spaggehtti and my dad ordered the Pounder Hamburger. We talked and laughed. I almost forgot about Derek until his truck pulled up to the resturaunt.

   "Dad, he's here."

    "If he comes up to the table dont look at him."

   "Okay."

   He walked in and he looked through the resturaunt and found me. He walked over to me.

    "We're not done withour date." He said angrily grabbing my arm. My dad stood up. He was a couple Inches taller than him.

    "Let go of her, Derek. You dont deserve her."

   He threw my arm and looked at me, "we're over."

    "We're over? We were over the second i saw you kissing that other girl!"

the Manager walked up to Derek and said he had to leave cause he was disturbing us. Then our food came and we ate. My dad paid and we walked back out to the truck. We drove back home and i immeadiatley ran up to my room running pass Scott and Clark. I closed my door and locked it. I got out of this outfit and put on a pair of shorts and a tshirt. I threw a bag of a blanket ad a pillow. I ran down stairs and got out another bag.

   "What's going on, your dad said he had to go pick you up." Clark said.

    "I dont want to takk about it. I just want to go be with Jujubee."

   I made two sandwiches and threw in some candy and a box of cereal.

   "Your gonna have to talk about it sometime."

   "But not right now."

   I threw in some crackers and pretzels and Ran back upstairs to get my guitar. I ran out to my truck and threw everything in the back. I headed out to the stable. I cried the whole way there. When I pulled up i turned off the lights and got out.

   'Jujubee," I said

   She looked up and snorted. She trotted over to my and kissed me.

   "We're gonna have a sleepover tonight."

  I ran back to the truck to get my blanket and the food and my guitar. We had a cot in the barn just incase this would happen. I set it up and I laid the blanket down. I sat down and got out my sandwich and hers.

  I got out my guitar and started playing a song, it was Tim Mcgraw by Taylor swift. After playing music for a bit, I got up and saddled her up and I looked at my watch, it was almost midnight. My phone rang, It was my dad. I answered.

   "Hello?"

   "Hey i know your at the stable. Thats okay i just wanted to say goodnight." 

    "Alright, goodnight, I was just gonna take Jujubee out for a little bit."

    "Okay be safe. If you need anything, Clarks here in your room, or call me or mom."

    "Okay. I love you."

     "Love you to dolly." My dad said. He used to call me that when i was litte.

   I hung up and I got on Jujubee. "you ready?"

    She stomped her hoof on the groung. We walked out of the stable in the warm Texas night. The stars were bright tonight. I walked her around. I didnt want ot go into the woods incase of wildcats and snakes. I just walked her down the drive and walked her back. A pair of head lights cam on me. It scared me i nearly fell off Juju. I turned around. It was a red truck. Dereks red truck. I shoved my heel into Jujubees side. She started cantering. I heard his engine growl like a monster i was afraid of. The gravel kicked up and he wasnt heading for me but Jujubee. I kicked her harder and harder. I ran into the stable. I jumped off Juju. I ran outside and I closed the doors and I jumped in my truck. Derek had gone into the ditch and was backing out. I pulled into the barn garage and closed the door and locked it. I ran anrund through the stable which felt like a labrynth trying to find all the doors and lock them. after i did that I walked to the small window . I looked out and saw Derek drinking from a flask.

      I called his brother.

     "Hello?" He answered yawning.

    "Come pick your brother he's at my stable drunk trying to kill my horse. he almost ran me over.''

     "Okay. Lock yourself in there."

    "I did."

   "I'll be there in a couple minutes."

   I hung up and Derek was pounding on the dorr i walked back to Jujubee who was in the back hallway Standing next to Stormy, my dad's horse. I grabbed her and I pulled her back to her stall. I heard a car pulled up. I walked over to the door and looked throught the peep hole. Danny was here. After he got Derek in the car i opened the door.

   "I'm sorry. I heard from Clark what happened."

    He gave me a hug."Do you want me to stay here with you after I take Derek back?"

    "Sure, and i havent seen you in a while." I replied.

    "Okay give me ten minutes I'll take Derek back and be back."

  "Alrighty." Danny was like my older brother. He left. I walked around the stable opening and unlocking all the doors and opening them cause it gets hot when they doors are shut. I walked to the garage and pulled my truck out again. I parked it and walked back in. I untacked Jujubee and she walked back to her stall.

     I heard Danny pull up and he walked in with some food and he sat down on the cot with me.

    "I'm sorry for what happenend. Dereks been having problems with drinking. He also has problems with breaking up with people. I hope we can still be friends even though Derek can be a jerk sometimes."

   "Ya. I love being your friend." I said putting a chip into my mouth.

   "Good. I hate it when my brother screws everything up and i lose friends."

  "Well. I'm your best friend." I said.

 After a while I laid down and Danny also fit on the cot. We were both laying in the darkness. Juju bee also laid down. I was wearing Jean shorts and a White v-neck tshirt. Danny was wearing a pair of jeans and he had taken off his shirt. I felt him pull me close to him. I felt safe and I knew Danny wouldnt take advantage of me. His slow deep breath lulled me to sleep.