Eyes Filled With Tears

Start from the beginning

"No, we are not going to risk it." Javier says and I look to him and glare.

"Who died and made you boss?" I asked.

"You're going to say something stupid, risking others just for wood." David says.

"Who the fuck said I was going to let them go and get the wood?" I asked him and he looked to me.

"Look we have a small amount in the back, it should be fine for a while." Clem says and I look to her and I sighed a bit and nod as I head over to the back of the trailer.

"Mom." I hear and turn to see AJ as he comes up to me and I look to him.

"Hu... haven't called me that in a long time." I say as we head to the back.

"Sorry... I think I can call you and Clem my moms'." He says and I chuckled at this.

"It's fine AJ... actually Clem might be happy if you called her mom... I mean she has raised you for so long, it's deserving." I tell him and he nods.

"I just didn't want her to think that she was replacing my real mom." He says and I nod.

"I get it, but Clem is your mom at this point... even if she didn't carry you and such." I tell him as we grabbed the wood.

"I know... thank you." He says and I look at him.

"For what?" I asked him and I see tears in his eyes and I dropped the wood and hugged him.

"For... for taking care of me, even when I was an asshole, for... not treating me like a child but also trying to let me have a childhood... for keeping Clementine safe too... I'm sorry for everything I did that caused you more issues." He cried and I held him tighter.

"Shh, it's ok AJ, you didn't cause me any problems at all, ok?" I asked him.

"I just... I know I did... you don't have to lie to me." He says and I pull away from him and look at him.

"AJ, I am being serious here, you are a good kid, you never caused me problems... even if I say you do it's just because I'm angry at myself, it's confusing I know I know, but people are confusing." I tell him and we both chuckled at this.

"Still... I wanted you to just know I was sorry." He says and I nod and I look to the side of the trailer and I think just for a bit and look to AJ.

"I might head out and get some supplies tonight." I tell him.

"I'll come with." He says to me.

"No, I-."

"You can't really stop me on this, I'll follow." He says and I sigh but nod.

"Ok, ok we can both go but no one else can know, ok? we have to be sneaky." I tell him.

"I know a spot in the wall we can sneak out of, don't worry Walkers can't get through I have it barricaded." He says and I look to him a bit.

"You haven't been sneaking out, have you?" I asked him and he doesn't say anything.

"Alright... just be careful." I tell him and he nods at this.

"I will.... Hey I know it's wrong for me to ask this but... do you think one day I could be on my own?" He asked and I think.

"I can't tell you no, but... we could work something out." I tell him and he looks to me.

"Wait, you would let me?" He asked.

"If that is what you want, like I said I can't tell you no, but I would like to help you out at least... maybe we can work something out like we can visit you and you can visit us you know?" I asked and he nods.