Her Mind Is A Mess

Start from the beginning

"CLEM!" I hear AJ yell and I turn to see him smiling as Violet was knelt to the ground. I come over to both of them quickly and I hear some small barking.

"It's a puppy." Violet says as she picked it up. I watch her as she pets the dog a bit it looked to be a German Shepard puppy but it could be mixed for all I know. I don't hear anymore barking and I look around some more.

"We have enough with the dogs back-."

"We can't leave it here, that's cruel." Violet interrupted AJ and he looked to her then back to me.

"It's a cute dog... and it would be sad to just leave it here." I state and I see Violet looking at me then back to the dog for a bit. I kneel down and place my hand on her shoulder and she looks to me then back to the dog.

"Do you think we can take care of it?" I ask her and she nods a little.

"Yea... I can hunt some more if we need too, I don't mind it." She tells me and I nod.

"Ok... ok we can bring the puppy." I tell her and she nods a bit. she then sets the dog down and it seems to already stay by her as we walked into another store, we found some guns and Violet went over to the lock box they had and looked at it.

"Need a crowbar?" I asked and she shook her head.

"It's probably money, nothing worth taking." She tells me and I watch her as she goes over to the side and grabbed some ammo. She then looked at a small revolver.

"Snubnose revolver, looks like AJ's old gun." She says as she held it and the she put some bullets in the chambers. I saw her look around and she found a holster for it.

"How do you know what it's called?" I asked as I watched her.

"Juliet knew her guns, her dad taught her and I was bored so she taught me." She explained. She then looked to AJ who was holding a rifle and then she looked to me.

"I think AJ is old enough to start having his own collection, don't you think?" She asked me quietly and I look to him then back to her.

"If he wants." I say and she nods.

"Hey, grab whatever you want we can bring it back home." She says to him and he says ok. I then look and find a few boxes of ammunition and we head back to the truck. I saw a few Walkers on the side and I look back to Violet who stared at them for a bit. the puppy growls lowly for a bit but Violet hushes them and she looks back to the Walkers.

"Come one, they aren't that close." I tell her and she looks to me and nods. We all get in the truck and I start to drive us back home. I watch as Violet kept her eyes on the front window and she would take deep breaths here and there. AJ was asleep in the back from what I could see and I gripped the wheel a bit.

"We should be back home in an hour." She says and I look at her as she kept her eyes to the front. I look to see that we were indeed almost an hour away from the trailer park and I look back at her then back to the road.

"Clem... is something wrong with me?" She asked.

"Why do you ask?" I ask the question.

"Sometimes... I feel like I'm just a backseat driver in my own head you know?" She asked and I look to her then back to the road.

"No, I personally don't... but I do know how it feels to be on auto pilot." I tell her and she laughed a little bit.

"No one will know unless they are crazy like me." She tells me.

"You aren't crazy, you just need some help."

"So, there is something wrong with me." She says and I look at her to see her holding her head with one hand and she takes a breath and laughed.