Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy🐎

Fandom: 9-1-1

Pairing: Female!Buck/Eddie

Different first meeting AU where Eddie never became a firefighter

"Shots!" came the excited shout from the lips of Evette Buckley. She was standing in the Western-themed bar, along with her sister, female coworkers, and their friends. Tonight was Maddie Buckley's bachelorette party and everyone was ready to have a great night together.

They each throw the drinks back, some with more skill than others namely Josh, Buck, and Athena. A loud cowbell rings and a cheer sounds through the crowd.

"What's that?"

"I don't know, but everyone's gathering over there."

Hen grabs her drink and stands, "I don't know about you guys but I don't want to miss anything."

The others agree and follow the crowd to the mechanical bull. "Alright, ladies and gentlemen you know what time it is! Welcome to the Bull Pen, Eddie!"

"That is a beautiful man."

"Damn." It felt like every set of eyes in the building was set on following the man on his walk to the bull. The music plays and Eddie starts to ride, no he starts his performance. He's jumping, standing, grinding, anything that makes the crowd go wild and throw money into the pen for him.

After his performance, he takes his hat off and bows to the cheering crowd.

"Give it up for our favorite Cowboy Eddie! Now, who among you is brave enough to give it a shot?"

Buck laughs as several people in varying stages of drunkenness ride the bull. "Maddie you have to do it!"

"What no!"

"Yes, you have to!"

Josh and the rest of their friends try to convince Maddie to get up on the bull. "Fine, I'll do it." They all cheer, "I'm not done yet. I'll do it if Buck goes before me."

Buck laughs and starts taking off her jewelry. The others start chanting her name.

"Buck! Buck! Buck!"

"It looks like we've got another contender! What's your name beautiful?"

"Call me Buck!" Buck waves, and even though she's a little tipsy she hops up onto the machine easily. It starts off easy, with spinning and little jerk motions. Buck waves at her family and makes eye contact with Eddie. He's standing at the bar watching her. She can practically feel him challenging her.

"Turn it up!"

"You heard her, Let's turn it up!"

Buck is feeling herself as she rides, she's whipping her hair around, she can hear her family whistling and cheering for her, and she winked at Eddie.