One More Mother🦍

Fandom: Tarzan

Pairing: Tarzan/OC

OC: Mauti

What if there was another family in the Jungle? What if Sabor wanted a chance to raise a child too?

Deep in the West African Jungles, we find two families who are not supposed to be there. High in the trees two houses are supported side by side. In both houses, there is a man, a woman, and a baby. The fathers, British aristocracy, brown hair, and kind hearts. The mothers, fair skin, sharp minds, and caring souls. The babies are completely different from each other. The Greystokes' have a baby who takes after his father in looks and mother's personality. A giggly baby boy who is ready to explore the world. The Robinson's baby girl has bright hair and eyes but is quieter in personality. She seldom cries or squeals and is content to lay in her bassinet. Still despite the lives they have settled into here, it is clear that they do not belong.

"Lily take Daphne and run to Alice. John and I will distract the leopard," James shouts as he swings a sharpened stick at the predator in front of him.

Lily listens to his instructions and runs out the side door that has a bridge connected to it. Across the bridge, Alice is hiding her own baby to protect him from being eaten.

"Here Lily, place her with Clay. They should be safe hidden here," Alice says as she uncovers a hidey-hole. Lily kisses her child and places her with the other baby.

"Momma loves you, baby girl." With that said both women cover up the sleeping children and grab weapons themselves. This will be the last time they see their children.

_____________________

3 months earlier at the watering hole

The watering hole is known as neutral ground to every animal in the jungle. No killing. No fighting. Everyone follows the law.

Kala and Kerchek are at the watering hole with the herd of apes and more importantly their 6-week-old son. "Don't go too far okay," Kala yells absentmindedly as she notices her child wander off but immediately continues her conversation with another female ape.

The baby continues his wandering with a childlike fascination with the world. There are so many new animals and things to see. He bumps into several birds, okapi, and monkeys his size.

Once he reaches a clear spot near the water's edge he sits and takes in all the bright colors he sees. He gets lost in thought which allows a young leopard to land behind him and scare him.

"Rawr!" She shouts which sends the young ape jumping and landing in the shallow water with a slash.

"Hey! That wasn't nice," he says.

"Well I've got to practice my pouncing on someone don't I. Plus I'm a leopard, I don't have to be nice." She sits at the edge of the water and turns her nose up at him.