9

Jimin opened his eyes groggily. The bright light in the room made him close his eyes. He opened them again and blinked as he got used to the brightness. His eyes travelled around the room and he saw a man sleeping near his legs. He couldn't move, his whole body felt numb so he tried talking. That's when he realized he had a tube in his mouth and panicked.  The heart monitor went crazy, beeping so fast that it woke the man.

“Baby? You're up!” Jungkook said pressing on a button near his head. “I need a doctor in here.” Jungkook shouted. “So happy to see your pretty eyes.”

Jimin wanted to say something to his husband. To tell him he was okay but he couldn't stop panicking. He looked at his husband's teary eyes and felt really guilty. The doctor came in and tried to calm Jimin. He answered a few questions from the doctor with his weak hands and finally the tube in his mouth was removed.

“We're going to move Jimin-ssi to the private room now. Please wait there as we run some tests.” The doctor told Jungkook who nodded frantically.
“I'll see you soon baby.” Jungkook left after kissing his forehead.
“Are you feeling any pain?”
“T-th-roat.” He managed to say.
“It's because of the tube. You'll be fine in a day or two.”

Jimin was settled in a private room within the hour. The machines he was connected to were gone, now he only had an IV drip and a nasal cannula. Jungkook and his hyungs came in after some minutes.

“My soulmate!” Taehyung rushed to him and hugged Jimin tightly making him groan in pain.
“Taehyung be careful.” Seokjin hissed pulling Tae back. Jungkook sat on the bed next to him and squeezed his hand.
“It's good to see you Minie.” Namjoon said smiling brightly at him. Jimin smiled back.
“We missed your beautiful eye smile.” Yoongi said.
“Areum?” Jimin finally asked in a scratchy voice.
“She's being home schooled at Tae's place.” Jungkook said pecking his cheek. The door opened and the doctor and a nurse came in.

“I'll brief you about his condition.” Dr. Kyong said going through some papers. “So his lungs are fully repaired, the gunshot wound and ribs are healing well. He'll require therapy sessions to get his arm strength back.”
“What about my baby?” He asked. He was sure now Jungkook and everyone knew he was pregnant. He felt Jungkook squirm. Everyone was silent and looked pale for some reason.

“Uh Jimin-ssi, I'm sorry but you lost your baby.”

Jimin's heart dropped. He felt disoriented. He turned to Jungkook, who looked lost and had tears in his eyes. He blinked back his own tears. His chest hurt to breathe and didn't realize he was panting frantically for breath until the doctor called his name.

“I'm s-sorry KooKoo. I'm sorry I hurt our baby.”
“It's not your fault baby.”
“Sorry.”
“Jimin-ssi you need to calm down.” Dr. Kyong said placing a hand on his shoulder. He placed his hand on his stomach and let his tears fall. His little flower was gone.

When he first learned of his pregnancy, he got so excited. Jimin had been under birth control since he got Areum and had forgotten to go to the doctor before Jungkook came back. His little flower was conceived when Jungkook came back from tour. He was hopeful that their family would grow, that Areum would finally get a baby brother or sister she'd always wanted. He whimpered softly.

“My little flower.” Jimin whispered. Jungkook pulled him in his arms. At any other time, Jimin would have loved his husband's arms around him but now they felt like daggers piercing his skin where they touched. He felt to guilty that he'd brought all the trouble  to them.

“Sleep.” He whispered and wasn't sure of anyone heard him.
“I injected you with a sedative. You shouldn't overworked your lungs yet. Relax and sleep now.” Doctor Kyong said as Jungkook helped him lean back on the bed. He closed his eyes as he felt his body become pliant and welcomed the much needed sleep.

****
When Jimin woke up again few hours later, Taehyung was seated next to his bed holding his hand. Tae smiled sadly at him.

“Hey Mimi. Are you feeling okay? Want me to get the doctor?” Jimin shook his head. He felt tired and his muscles ached. He looked around and saw everyone was gone.

“He had a press conference a while ago. He said he'll go home and pick some clothes for you. Yoongi hyung will bring Areum at four after her classes. The other hyungs accompanied Jungkook and they'll head home to rest. They'll come back tomorrow.”
“I'm not ready to see them Taetae.”
“Baby...”

“Please,” he whispered, “I let my abeoji in our home and he hurt my Jungkookie. It's my fault I lost the baby. Please, I need time before I can face them again.” he said in tears. Taehyung had his own tears running down his cheeks and he shook his head continuously disagreeing with Jimin. “It's not your fault Mimi mmh. Your father did this and he'll pay for it but I'll tell Jungkook to give you sometime. Take your time to heal. Should I call your therapist for an appointment?”

“Yes. Thank you Tae.” Taehyung wiped his tears and kissed his forehead. Jimin basked in his best friend's warmth.

“You are important to me, so I'd do anything for you to be okay again.”
“Can I have your phone so that I can call Jungkook?”
“Of course.” Tae took out his phone from his pants and gave it to Jimin. “I'm going to use the nurse's phone to call your therapist. Take your time Mimi.” With that Taehyung left the room. Jimin sat up on the bed and scrolled through the contacts to dial Jungkook who picked up almost immediately.

Hyung? Is Jiminie okay?” Jungkook asked from the other side. Jimin suppressed his cries.
“I'm fine Kook.”
Baby, you are up! I'm gonna head over now.
“No please. I need time Kookie. Please I don't feel okay for you or Areum to see me like this, please.” Jimin said quickly full of panic. Jungkook was quiet on the other end. “I'm sorry I let our baby die Koo.”
No Mimi. It's not your fault, okay? And Areum and I will wait for you. Whatever you need my love just tell Taehyung. I love you baby.”

Jimin couldn't hold on anymore so he cried. Cried for his family, for the time they'd be apart. “I'm sorry Kookie.” He whispered again and again.
It's alright baby. Wipe your tears and go do what you have to do to get back to us healthy. I understand baby so don't feel too guilty about it.”
“I love you husband.”
“I love you more husband. To the moon and till the end of the universe.” Jungkook finally said and hang up. Jimin dropped the phone on the bed and placed his hand on his chest. It hurt.