8

Areum stared at her uncle Taetae as bawled his eyes out hugging her so tightly. Something was going on and they were not telling her what. She had woken up early as usual to get ready for school and when she was done she headed to her uncle Joonie's room but he wasn't there. She headed through the hallway to the living room to find Taehyung there crying as Namjoon tried to calm him even though his eyes were teary also.
At first she had thought, Taehyung had fought with Yoongi but he had kept on whispering Jimin's name.
When Taehyung spotted her, he'd beckoned her over. He hugged her tightly assuring her everything would be okay before bawling once again. Areum was confused.

“Uncle Taetae, what's going on?” Areum finally asked when Taehyung came down and released her. She looked at him as he tried to speak, his face contorting as if in pain. He sniffled and wiped his tears with the back of his hand. She looked at Namjoon who was clenching his jaw and looked away to wipe his own tears.

“Ah baby girl we have to tell you something,” Namjoon began, “It's about your parents.”
“Are they okay? Daddy was going to take appa out today.” Areum said with a fond smile.
“I know sweetheart. Something bad happened to your appas.” Taehyung said taking her small her. She felt her heart drop. “Your appas were rushed to the hospital last night but they are going to be alright, okay?”
“Hospital?” Areum's voice was shaky. She cried out making Namjoon hug her. “I want to see them.”
“We will take you there baby but you have to promise you'll be strong for them. You need to be brave baby.” Namjoon told her patting her head. “Your appas will recover because of you and your bravery.” Areum nodded on Namjoon's shoulder as more tears fell from her eyes. “Go change out of your uniform. We'll send an apology letter to your school.”

***
Jungkook came to on a hospital bed. He turned his head side to side disoriented wondering how he got there. Last he remembered he was standing with the doctors at the OR waiting bay. He tried to sit up and groaned in pain. His head felt like it was splitting in two.

“You are awake.” Hobi said approaching him from the left. He turned to see Yoongi and Jin on the couch sleeping in uncomfortable positions. “How are you feeling?”
“Like I might actually die. My head hurts.”
“More than your head hurts. Your ribs are bruised and you have a mild concussion. Doc will be back soon to check on you.”

“How's Jimin?”

“His doctor said the next 48 hours will be critical and they won't bring him out of the comma till his lungs heal. They'll also be monitoring his head for inflammations.”

Jungkook nodded trying to absorb the information, “Areum? She must be really worried.”
“She'll be here in a few.”

How was he going to explain to their daughter that her own grandpa did that to them? That she lost a sibling she has always wanted before she even got to meet them. Jungkook absolutely hated that man. He laid back in bed and closed his eyes tears spilling through.

“He'll be alright, right hyung? My husband will be okay.”
“Oh Kook. Of course he'll be fine.” Hobi leaned down to hug him.
“I promised I'd not let anyone hurt him. It should have been me.”
“Jimin wouldn't want you to blame yourself like this Kook. You need to be strong for him and Areum. Remember if Areum sees that you are breaking, she will break too.”
“Can I see him? Please I need to see him.”
“I'll go get his doctor,okay?” Hobi told him and before long he came back with a doctor and a nurse.
“Jungkook-ssi, I'm Dr. Kyong, your husband's doctor.”
“Can I see him please?”
“Visiting hours are from noon to two o'clock and from six o'clock to seven. It's still early so I'll let you see him for fifteen minutes, you need to rest also.” Jungkook agreed already trying to get out of bed. “Easy. Nurse Eun will take you there and help you with the protective gear.”
“I'll go with him too.” Hobi said going to Jungkook's side to help him out of bed.

Jungkook held on the IV pole handle and pushed it as the nurse led them out. They entered the elevator and went up one floor to the ICU. The nurse helped Jungkook put on the protective gown, hairnet and a mask. He sanitized his hands before the nurse opened Jimin's door. He pushed his IV pole and entered the room.
He gasped as soon as he saw how fragile his husband looked connected to so many machines. His throat clogged up trying to control himself. He neared the bed at pulled a chair close to the bed.

He took Jimin's hand and held it against his cheek looking at Jimin's face. Tears spilled from his eyes. He couldn't control himself anymore. He was not such a crybaby but his husband's condition reduced him to that. He couldn't imagine his life without Jimin. His number one fan.

He sniffled, “Hi baby,I hope you can hear me. I want to tell you that Areum and I will wait for you. I'm so sorry I broke my promise to you. Please come back to us.” Jungkook leaned on Jimin's hand crying. He wiped his tears and caressed Jimin's hand. He stood up and pulled his mask from his mouth. He leaned to Jimin's forehead and placed a kiss on it. “Come back to us soon baby. I love you so so much.”

When his fifteen minutes were up, he went back to his room. His hyungs were up but he was tired to even talk to them so Hobi helped him back in bed to rest. When his daughter arrived an hour later, he cuddled her on the bed tightly afraid he'd loose her too.

That continued for many days even after Jungkook was discharged, they never left the hospital. They'd visit Jimin together, talk to him about their days and finally go back to the VIP room assigned to Jungkook before and  where Jimin would be settled after the ICU. His hyung's would visit in turns. Areum was home schooled at Taehyung and Yoongi's apartment since the reporters were still after them. Waiting was killing Jungkook inside especially after Jimin coded two days after his operation. He wasn't giving up hope since Dr. Kyong gave them positive news mostly.