CHAPTER X

LAIRE'S POINT OF VIEW

It wasn't long when I can feel the sun rising.

Hindi pa kami nakakarating sa isla nang inihanda ko na ang mga baril ko. I put a pistol in my holster and also told Ori to get ready. I explained to her that we just need to get our squads. The people in the village is not trusted so whatever she'll hear, she should never believe it.

I told Jacques to stay in the boat. Hindi na ito nakipag-away pa. Kataka-taka ang katahimikan nito but, whatever.

We landed on the seaside not far from the village. The villagers saw me approaching ngunit napaatras ang mga ito nang tutukan ko sila ng baril. My anger right now is filling me with the desire to confront Dahlia.

"Find Mila and others," I told Ori, who is now getting starstruck to the place we used to temporarily live. Ilang araw na rin siyang hindi umiinom ng pill magmula no'ng umalis kami sa Military Base kung kaya't nawala na ang epekto nito.

Kaagad akong pumunta sa bahay kung nasaan si Dahlia. I saw her sitting in a chair. I can also hear the whispers of the village. Siya lang mag-isa sa loob ng bahay na ito at pinapaypayan ang sarili.

Itinutok ko sa kaniya ang baril.

"You motherfucking liar," I uttered. "We believed you. Bakit mo 'to ginawa, huh? Why would you kill your own people?"

"I wasn't surprised to see you alive, Laire," she said nonchalantly.

"I can kill you right now," I threatened. She chuckled sarcastically after hearing it.

"Please," saad niya pagkatapos tumawa. The fuck is wrong with this deranged woman? "You people deserved to die. Pinatay ng mga kampon ni Liu Feng ang kapatid ko. I thought we will live peacefully again after the extraterrestrials are gone pero mas lalala lang pala ang kalbaryo namin."

Tears escaped from her eyes. She remains calm afrer saying those words but I can feel how her heart aches. But that won't stop me. It doesn't justify what she did. This crazy woman.

"I hope you all rot in hell," she said. My eyes widened when she took a gun out of her pocket. "This world will NEVER attain peace ever again. Greed consumes humanity."

A loud bang echoed to the whole village after she said those. Napatakip ako ng bibig dahil sa nakita. Everything happened so fast. She pointed the gun in her head and pressed the trigger.

"Laire?" I heard Kai's voice from the outside.

Napatingin ako saka ko siya nakita kasama nina Mila. They looked at Dahlia's body and looked at me.

"Are you okay?" Ori asked. That question made me nod.

Lumabas ako sa bahay na 'yon saka napalinga-linga. The village is currently standing in front of the house where Dahlia committed suicide. The kids are also staring at me together with their parents.

"Dahlia took her own life in front of me," I said, voice trembling.

"That's good to hear, Laire." Mila held my shoulder. It made my brows ceased. "They told us what Dahlia has been doing to them for the past years. She is a manipulator and not a good leader. She tortured and sacrificed the lives of people here for her own gain."