Ironworks Orphanage

Morgan pressed the cleanest side of her scrap-cloth to her bleeding forearm. She continued down the dormitory hall illuminated by flickering lights.
The Ironworks Way Or The Highway was stamped along the wall. Morgan placed a free hand on the door nob of room 38. "Kindle..." Morgan whispered opening the door. A little head of blonde hair popped out from under the blankets. "Sis?" Kindle moaned. Morgan smiled and shut the door. "Sorry to wake you. I had to work a little overtime to finish my quota." Morgan said walking over to the bunk bed. Kindle's eyes drifted to Morgan's arm. "You're hurt!" The little girl cried. "One of the machines caught me is all." Morgan said calmly. Kindle scurried out of the bottom bunk and reached under the bed. She pulled out the first-aid kit.
"Want me to." Kindle said looking at her with blue eyes. Morgan shook her head. "I can do it. You go back to bed." Morgan said. Kindle shook her head and opened the box. "I'm helping." Kindle said. Morgan sighed and pulled out the disinfectant. "Alright, hand me the bandages when I sec." Morgan said. Kindle nodded. Morgan tucked the scrap-cloth into her pocket and unscrewed the bottle cap. She poured some of the contents over the cut. A few drops splashed onto the floor. Morgan shut her eyes and hissed. "Alright. Bandage." Morgan said. Kindle nodded and wrapped the bandage around her arm. "Thanks." Morgan said wrapping an arm around her sister when she was done. "Can you tell me a story." Kindle said. Morgan glanced at the clock on the wall-10:00. "Sure, but then you have to get to sleep." Morgan said picking her up and sitting on the bed.
"A long time ago, there was a place called Cybertron. Everything and everyone was peaceful...for a time. A war broke out and the two powers fought for many years."
"At the final battle when the enemies were defeated, everyone saw how badly they had harmed the land. Everything was burnt and dead. Everyone was devastated. Then something wondrous happened. A flaming phoenix known as Solar Flare arose from the ashes. The phoenix dove into the Well where a being named Primus dwelled. Primus was the god of Cybertron. When Solar Flare appeared before him Primus asked, "I have been weakened so why have you come to me?" Solar Flare replied, "I come to offer you my spark so Cybertron may be reborn."
"So Solar Flare gave up one of his two sparks and Cybertron was filled with light and life once again." Morgan said pulling the blankets over Kindle. "What happened to Solar Flare?" Kindle asked. "I don't know, guess there's a mystery in every story." Morgan said smiling. While she looked confused, Morgan slipped her red overalls and shoes off. Morgan left them on the floor in a pile. She leaned forward and kissed Kindle's forehead.
"Goodnight."
"Wait!" Kindle cried grabbing Morgan's hand. "Sleep with me, please?" Kindle said. Morgan sighed. "Ok." The blue haired teen said. Kindle smiled and made room on the bottom bunk. "Goodnight." Kindle whispered. "Goodnight." Morgan said closing her eyes.

The morning bell rang loudly throughout the halls. "Scrap, Kindle wake up." Morgan said pushing back the blankets. Kindle groaned and rubbed her eyes. Morgan got off the bunk and grabbed her red overalls. She pulled the straps over her tan shirt and went over to the cracked mirror. Morgan took out her hair pins and let her hair down. "You're hair looks nicer like that." Kindle said slipping her shoes on. "It might but I want it out the machines or perv boy's reach." Morgan said putting the blue hair into a messy bun. Morgan went back over to the bunk and pulled on her combat boots. "C'mon." Morgan said grabbing Kindle's hand and opening the door.
Every Ironworks orphans had to be outside their room door ten minutes after the bell. Morgan shut their door and stood up straight.
"Well good morning, ladies!" The dorm mistress said down the hall. "Good morning, ma'am." Everyone said. The girl's dorm mistress was a tall woman with short auburn hair and mean green eyes. She paused in front of Morgan and Kindle. "I don't think I've ever seen you in the workrooms." She said looking down at Kindle. "I do her work, she's still too young." Morgan said. Her green eyes shot daggers at Morgan. "What's your name sweetie?" She said. "Kindle." The blonde girl said. "Hello Kindle, I'm Mrs. Freedmen." Mrs. Freedmen said. She narrowed her eyes at the girl.
"How old are you?"
"Six...I think."
"I say you're old enough to work. After all there's no time like the present!" Mrs. Freedmen said clapping her hands. "But Mrs. Freedmen!" Morgan cried. "Ah,ah,ah." She said wagging her finger. "Remember its the..." She trailed off and let the other orphan girls take over.
"Ironworks way or the highway." The orphans said avoiding eye contact with Morgan. "You were saying." Mrs. Freedmen said smirking. "Um...I could use some extra hands at my station. Kindle can help me." Morgan said taking Kindle's little hand. The dorm mistress narrowed her eyes. "What's your quota, Morgan." She said. "One hundred thirty seven knives." Morgan said. "You think its a good idea for a little girl to play with knives?" Mrs. Freedmen said questionably. "I'll watch her, ma'am." Morgan said. Mrs. Freedmen studied the sisters for a moment. "No...I'll have little Kindle work in the assembly line. Come with me." Mrs. Freedmen said grabbing Kindle's hand and leading her away. "Morgan!" Kindle cried turning her head. Morgan took a step forward. The neighboring orphan grabbed her arm and shook her head 'No'. Morgan sighed and watched Kindle be led away.