Justice

Tick tock.

The clock struck 12 PM.

Sharp.

Abhimanyu sat across Mahima and Anand Birla, in his CEO chair dressed in a crisp grey coat with a cup of his hot dark coffee sitting in front of him.

He did not miss Anand Birla's nervous tapping of his left foot nor did he miss the grimace on Mahima Birla's face as she looked around, trying to hide behind a facade.

It was no use.

They were both terrified.

Smirking, Abhimanyu leaned in, sliding documents over the counter. Mahima and Anand exchanged worried glances as they slowly picked up the papers, hands trembling.

Abhimanyu gave them a disgusted look, his entire being was struggling to just remain composed.

"Here are the letters that terminate your employment at Birla Enterprises - effective immediately," he said, leaning back and crossing his arms.

They both shot up straight away.

"What?!" They screeched, both of them in union, turning to look at each other.

Abhimanyu smiled, oh they were just getting started.

"Abhimanyu have you lost it?!" Mahima asked, enraged at his behaviour.

Anand cackled, "YOU can't terminate our employment - we are trust members"

"Also rendered ineffective since 9 AM this morning" Abhimanyu confirmed casually.

"Abhimanyu I don't understand if you have lost your mind or if you are delusional right now - do I need to explain to you the basics of how a trust works?" Mahima asked clearly fuming.

Abhimanyu took a sip of his coffee.

Calm and composed.

As if he was adding more fuel to the fire.

The fire that they had started.

They were silent for a moment both panicking as they processed and finally, an explosion.

"ON WHAT BASIS HAVE YOU DECIDED THIS?" exploded Anand Birla.

Now he had done it.

Abhimanyu sighed.

Because in walked Akshara with the police behind her.

"Mr. Anand Birla and Mrs. Mahima Birla you are under arrest under multiple charges of manslaughter and fraudulence, the perpetrators of the F-11/5 case, organisation of the raid, and also for intending to harm Mr. Abhimanyu Birla and Ms. Akshara Goenka in recent accidents"

The floor shifted beneath Anand and Mahima's feet as they both momentarily lost balance. The police continued with their speech as instantly they were surrounded by guards.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have a right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you"

Anand and Mahima gulped, exchanging looks.

They tried to escape but the guards were quick to assert authority over them.

And then the realisation sank in.

They both looked around.

There was no escape.

They had done it.

"ON WHAT BASIS OFFICER?" Mahima roared, anger seeping out of her eyes. She had always been the key player, the mastermind behind every piece and key plan.