Weakness

Akshara woke up the next morning alone as she ran her hands over the other side of the bed to feel for Abhimanyu. She had woken up several times throughout the night to note his peaceful face. Although he had insisted that he sleep in the guest room or the couch, she hadn't been able to remain away from him. And at some point during the night, she herself had gone up to him and begged he comes and lay in bed with her. He had pulled her in at several points during the night, holding her close and not letting her go.

And Akshara had adored it, more than she would like to admit to herself.

The intensity between them was high and it was a wonder how they had not ended up making love. But Abhimanyu's virtues were highlighted once again as she remembered the care he took of her, creating enough of a barrier that she constantly remained secure and comfortable.

It would have been so easy for anyone else to take advantage of her in the condition that she was in. But Abhi was so different. He had just wanted her closeness. He had just wanted to hold her.

So where was he now? Akshara thought to herself as she got up and sat in her bed.

She didn't need to wonder for too long because a second later Abhimanyu walked in.

"Good morning beautiful" he smiled sitting beside her and pressing a kiss to her lips. She smiled into the kiss as she noted that he was all dressed in his work wear and had he already been working?

"Sorry I was not in bed this morning..." he apologised and she could not see the little sight of regret in his eye so she pressed a kiss to his lips again quickly to shut him up.

"Mmmm it is a good morning" he smiled opening his eyes causing her to blush.

"Akshara you know we have the MH deal that is set to be confirmed at the end of this week" he reminded her and instantly a wave of anxiety hit her stomach.

Akshara nodded.

Yes.

Yes, she did know.

The one she had planned to leak.

No matter how hard Akshara tried, she could not find anything else in the company papers at this time that would cause havoc.

"I'm pretty stressed about it... it's a big deal, have had lots of sleepless nights... I just want it to be okay" Abhimanyu spoke as if his head was miles away thinking about the deal. "Anyways, I had to get up early today to finalise some more details... and so even though I wanted to wake up next to you... I couldn't"

He looked at her with so much truth and honesty that it broke her spirits, tears brimming in her eyes. I'm so sorry Abhi.

Upon seeing the tears in her eyes, he panicked.

"What's wrong jaan? I am sorry I wasn't her-" he began and she shook her head no with tears falling out of her eyes.

"Nothing Abhi, I've just been feeling very tired.. and maybe hormonal" she offered him as her heart broke more and more by the second.

He nodded accepting her words, although he still felt there was more to the story.

He cupped her cheeks and wiped away the tears.

"Okay well, you should rest up anyways. There is breakfast waiting for you downstairs, don't come to work today and rest okay."

Akshara stared at him numblessly, she didn't know what she could say.

"Once this deal is done... I will spend lots of time with you..." he reassured her interlacing their fingers.

"God Akshara, it's the biggest deal globally... I just - I just really want it to be okay" he spoke, saying his thoughts out loud. "We have put in a lot of work to put Birla Enterprises' name up there"

Akshara gave him a bittersweet smile through her tears, although she was proud of him she could never support his dreaded company.

"I know it will be okay because you are with me" Abhimanyu smiled.

"Mmmm I want to stay but I have to go okay... I know you drove but if you need anything, Charles is also here okay? And Akshara breakfast please" he reminded her sternly.

She smiled at him weakly, cupping his face and pressing a tight kiss to his lips, letting out all her frustrations. She nipped at the bottom lip so that she could gain entrance into his mouth and dance her tongue with his.

Separating, he smiled at her caressing her hair, "good luck Abhi" she smiled through her tears, that's all she could say.

"Thank you jaan" he beamed back.

Looking at his smiling face, Akshara stared back in horror, realising she couldn't do this.

She thought she was strong.

But no she was weak.

She was so weak in the name of Abhimanyu.

There was no way she could release these documents.

It would break Abhimanyu.

She could let herself break, but seeing him?

No, she could not.

She had to find another way, she decided. She had to.

Will reply to comments soon, expect another update today! 

N x