Chapter Thirty-Five: Payback's A B*tch

Start from the beginning

My voice was still leveled, it was calm enough so that I wasn't near to yelling everything to her face, but not too calm for it to make me look like everything alright.

Because with the shit she'd done, everything is definitely not alright.

"Yeah," she agreed, "So how are you, Sophia? I've heard that you and Axel Brooks have started dating."

We're here to talk about her fake love towards my father, not my real affection towards my own boyfriend.

"He's great," I found myself unconsciously saying, "But how are the wedding preparations?"

Her expression changed at the mere mention of the wedding. I've been informed by the girls in the bridal shop that everything got fixed, but it did move the date behind. They were back on track though, meaning it gave me less time.

No worries, the movie is out of my mind, I've covered everything up with Adam, and the Axel issue has been resolved. I only have one little thing to check off of my to-do list.

"The ladies somehow received the news that I was ill, I don't know how though," she frowned, but she still gave me that side glance, "But I'm glad everything worked out in the end."

She knows.

So now we're going to play a nice game of circling each other, waiting who would be the first one to strike.

"I wonder how that possibly went," I held back a snort, "So you still plan to do everything just like the original plan."

"Of course," she piped in automatically, "Nothing has changed."

"You're going to be really beautiful when you walk up that aisle," I was using every will power so that my tone sounded normal, I need to play the victim card here.

"I'm really lucky to have your father," she allowed a giggle to escape her lips, "I really love him, and I'm happy he feels the same way."

This bitch.

"You were also aware that he still have feelings for mom, correct?" I blurted out, the anger finally getting the best of me.

Her head snapped up towards my direction, her eyes widening, "What?"

"You were also happy enough to know that if you acted the same way she did about this wedding, you would charm him deep enough," alright, now the water's boiling.

"What are you talking about?" she asked, but I could see it in her eyes, she was slowly started to crumble like a badly baked pie crust.

And here I was confronting my father's horrible fiancé, and I'm thinking about pie. Good job, Valentine!

I lifted my hand to stop her from talking, "You certainly have him deceived, and I admit, for a short time, I was too."

"This is ridiculous, we just started getting along," she breathed out, denying everything I was throwing at her.

"I saw," I muttered, giving her the harshest glare, "Adam found out and he showed me the evidence."

"Adam?" she questioned, and in the faintest whisper I could hear her, "I trusted him."

Sorry darling, but that boy has and forever will be in my side - as I am to him. But at least I got the reason why Adam got the hunch, while I barely suspected a thing. We still have to talk about that little detail anyways.

If you trusted him to catch in that falling backward into his arms trust exercise then I trust him enough to know that when I jump off of a building, he will be standing there with a cushion to catch me. Don't attempt to make my best friend turn his back on me.