The Impossible Planet

Start from the beginning

"Not that one." The Doctor explains, coming to sit opposite her on the table. "It just eats."

"Long way from home." She remarked.

The Doctor pointed up to the atmosphere. "Go that way, turn right, keep going for er, about, er, five hundred years, and you'll reach the Earth." He smiled at Raelle. She chuckled at the thought of how far away they were. She reached into her pocket to reveal her phone, switching it on. 

"No signal." She sighed. "That's the first time we've gone out of range. Mind you, even if I could. What would I tell them?" She thought. "Can you build another Tardis?" She mused, eyeing the Doctor.

"They were grown, not built. And with my own planet gone, we're kind of stuck." He frowned.

"Well, it could be worse. This lot said they'd give us a lift." Raelle smiled.

The Doctor turned to look at her. "And then what?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. Find a planet, get a job, live a life, same as the rest of the universe."

"I'd have to settle down. Get a house or something. A proper house with, with doors and things. Carpets. Me, living in a house." He cringed. "Now that, that is terrifying." Raelle smirked at the thought.

"You'd have to get a mortgage." She chuckled, in a sing song voice.

"No." The Doctor groaned, placing his head into his hands. 

"Oh, yes." Raelle continued laughing.

"I'm dying. That's it. I'm dying. It is all over." He whined, causing Raelle to playfully smack his chest. He reached over to Raelle's face, snatching back the glasses she had stolen from him. She pouted as he did so and then proceeded to stick her tongue out at him. "Real mature." The Doctor rolled his eyes playfully at the girl as he placed the glasses back in his pocket. This caused the girl to scowl harder at the man. He smirked, copying her by sticking out his tongue back at her. 

"What about me?" She whined. "I'd have to get a mortgage, too. I don't know, could be the same one. We could both, I don't know, share." She looked at the Doctor who already had his eyes on her, smiling fondly at her. She blushed, looking away. "Or not, you know. Whatever. I don't know. We'll sort something out" She rambled. 

The Doctor smirked at how flustered Raelle got. "Anyway." 

"We'll see." Raelle stated, looking back at the black hole, a saddened smile on her face. 

The Doctor watched Raelle, taking in her saddened look. "I promised Jackie I'd always take you back home."

Raelle waved him off. "Everyone leaves home in the end."

"Not to end up stuck here."

"Yeah, but stuck with you, that's not so bad." She told him truthfully. Being stuck with the Doctor wasn't the worse fate she had ever imagined. She cared for him.  

He looked over to the girl sat opposite her, looking at the smile forming on her lips as she peered at the black hole. A feeling of warmth rushed through his chest, he knew reflecting Raelle's feelings. He smiled fondly at the girl. "Yeah?" He asked. 

Without hesitation, Raelle turned to look at the Doctor, smiling warmly at him, tipping her head. "Yes." They stared at one another, sharing a sentimental moment. Both of their chest's flooded with a tingling sensation, also known as butterflies. Their smiled widen at each other. Raelle's phone ringing disrupted their focus. She picked it up. 

"He is awake." A deep voice bellowed from her voice, making her jump, causing her to throw her phone across the room. She looked to the Doctor, eyes wide.