" Enough! Both of you! "

He yelled at them, he was tired. He was fucked up inside. He was broke, torn, sad, hurt all the above. Just because he agreed to do an idiots plan, his friend ended up getting hurt. 

" IT'S NOT JUST BOEUN TO BLAME! WE ARE AT FAULT TOO. WE AGREED TO DO THAT SHIT SO WE WOULDN'T GET PICKED ON AND RYU WOULDN'T BE EXPELLED. WE THOUGHT WE DID WHAT WAS RIGHT AND CHOSE TO PROTECT BUT HOW DO WE PROTECT HER WHEN WE THROW HER UNDER THE BUS?! IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE " 

Yejun yelled at them before walking out of the classroom. Leeseo got up to chase after him but stopped to say something. 

" Yejun is right. We're all messed up because of this mess and just blaming one person and not looking at our own doing isn't right. Boeun made the strategy and did all the planning but we had a choice to do it or not. We chose to do thinking we'd save Ryu but ended up hurting her worse " 

She said and ran after Yejun who was already far gone. The two were just quiet in the room before getting up and looking for Yejun as well. 

Later in the day

Several people had come into the school and they looked worried. The four friends walked around during recess and saw Mr and Mrs. Kim with Mrs. Kwon. 

" Mrs. Kim, Mr. Kim! " 

Leeseo said as she ran up towards the adults. Mr. Kim looked away while Mrs. Kim gave her a faint smile. 

" What's going on? " 

" Nothing that concerns you, dear. Go along "

She said with a hint of annoyance in her voice. Leeseo was shocked to be treated this way but understood why. 

They all walked away and headed to the roof where they saw a familiar figure sitting at their spot. They walked closer and gasped when they saw who it was. 

" Ryu?! " 

The girl turned to look at them. It was her, she's awake but...why does she look like she hates us. 

" R-Ryu, it's us. Come on, your parents are here to take you home " 

" Go and die " 

" W-what? "

" I said go and die "

They stood their shocked, the girl marched up to them and grabbed Leeseo by the collar. The others tried to separate them but Ryu was too strong. 

" You promised to stay by me. Protect each other but what do you do? You betray me. That's right, you fucking betrayed me, you daughter of a bitch! " 

Ryu pushed her down, Leeseo fell and tried to catch her breath. Ryu was about attack again when Minhyung stood in front of her. 

" Stop it, Ryu. You aren't okay, go home " 

" I'm the crazy one here? Let me tell you, boy " 

" During the first day of nursery, we all sat in a circle and made a promise. What was the promise you might ask? Well, I don't know maybe TRUST " 

She stated angrily, eyes burning with rage and hatred. They could tell that something was wrong with her. Then Yejun's phone rang, it was Mrs. Kwon.

" Yejun-ah? Is Ryu with you? " 

" Yes, but she doesn't seem okay. Is there something wrong? " 

" Look, I can't answer your questions but whatever you do just stay back from her. The doctors and police are on their way to the roof " 

She warned and hung up. The boy was shocked and told them that they were asked to back off. A couple of police and doctors came up. They immediately got her and drugged her before she could hurt anyone.

They went to check up on the kids and ask if they were okay. Leeseo had a slight scratch but everyone was okay. 

As they all went down, Ryu faced her friends and looked at them angrily. 

" People like you, don't deserve to be in this world. Traitors " 

" Ya- " 

" I get that you're mad at us, Ryu. But we didn't mean to do it. We thought that was the best option to protect you " 

" To protect me?! I don't NEED your protection! I've been dealing with Boeun and her minions the whole time you left. Even after Yooin came in, I never told her I was being bullied by Boeun so that she wouldn't get dragged " 

Ryu protested when Leeseo tried to reason with her. Leeseo had tears in her eyes while Ryu's was burning with anger. 

" I thought we were friends! " 

" We are! " 

Yejun said out of the sudden. The two were shocked and looked at him. 

" We are friends, Ryu " 

" Then why did you betray me? " 

" We wanted to protect you " 

" By being the wingmen of the girl who bullied me during your absence? HOW IS THAT EVEN PROTECTION! " 

She yelled at them, they were so scared of her. They've never seen her this angry ever since their first encounter with Boeun. That time had already shaken their friendship and it seems like this is the last point. 

" You know what, I'll forgive you " 

Their faces lit up and smiled at her. 

" Really?! " 

" I forgive Yooin only " 

" What? Why? " 

The other three asked, confused. They were with her from the start but this is what they get in return for 14 years of friendship. 

" Yooin betrayed you as well " 

" Not from the start " 

" She was with me from the start you left. When Nora left me, she was there. When you left me to study abroad, she was there and...when you were being Boeun's minions before the pool incident, she was there " 

They were silent and honestly hurt. Yooin felt bad for being the one ruining their friendship. 

" But Ryu " 

" No, I made my choice " 

Ryu remarked and decided on her final decision. She will leave her friends who she once loved and trusted. 

The others were quiet and just left the halls back to their class. Ryu on the other hand, excused herself to use the toilet. 

Yooin was torn on which to follow but she decided to head back to the classroom for the time being.