Chapter 3

Meanwhile, Don is working on the game.

He does everything to perfect it from making the music, to creating the models, along with scanning things into the game.

After a while he sees a notification of the E3 game camp he wants to go to.

Then hears a knock as the lights turn on and sees it's his dad standing there in the doorway.

Surprised, he closes the notification.

[LeBron] Hey, son. What you doing?

Dom: Um, just building my game.

LeBron: Is this the one you've been working on?

Dom: Actually, it's basically done, but I... Here. Just... I still have to figure out some of the player designs.

[LeBron] Whoa. Who are those guys?

[Dom] Oh, those are people around the world tuning in to my livestream. It's pretty cool, huh?

LeBron: Okay.

Dom: And this is how it works. You do combos and moves, and the better you do, the more people tune in.

LeBron: Let me see a couple of those combo moves.

[Dom] Crossover. Foul line!

[Lebron] Oh, that was nice.

Dom: Ooh! Posterized!

LeBron: Posterized? Is this not real basketball?

Dom: Well, I put a spin to it. You can get style points. Power-ups.

[announcer] Count it!

Dom: It's like basketball, but better. You just play for fun. Remember fun, Dad?

LeBron: Tsk. I am fun. Man, give me that. Show you how fun I am.

He begins playing and is about to shoot when Dom takes the ball.

LeBron: Were you trying to do my move?

Dom: Yeah, I put it in the game.

[both] In and out. Crossover. Step back.

Let it go.

They watch as Dom's character does the Step-back move while saying it out loud but afterwards it starts to glitch and freeze in the air.

[announcer] Uh-oh!

[glitching]

LeBron: Why... Why he freeze?

Dom: No, no, no.

Dom tries to fix the problem.

Dom: No, no, no. Don't erase my character.

But it's too late as the game crashes.

Dom: My entire character is gone. It's gonna take me at least a week to rebuild this.

[LeBron] Listen, son. Setbacks happen. Adversity is a part of the process, man. But if you're passionate about something, you gotta learn how to push through it. You got me? (Gets a idea) Hey, I think I've got something that will cheer you up. I'm meeting at Warner Bros. about some high-tech movie thing. You should come. Cool?

Dom: Yeah, Dad.

LeBron: Oh, snap. Did Dad just come up with a idea?

Dom: Please don't, dad.

LeBron: Uncle Malik will be here in 15. Let's roll.