"We've let you go too long without going to college Colby. It's 2015; you're going to college this year."

"Alright woman, I've only graduated high school about a billion times. It'll be nice to upgrade to a higher level of education." I say sarcastically. I toss what's left of my apple in the trash and fake a smile to my parents as I try to make a clean getaway.

"And Colby," My mother stops me dead in my tracks. I turn around and put on my best smile. I'm pretty sure I already know what this is about. I've been dodging my mom for a bit to pretty much avoid having this conversation. "How'd you get that girl out of your room the other night?" She asks and my dad drops the paper from his face.

"What girl?" My dad asks. Really mom, you just had to go there?

"I don't know what girl you're talking about mom." I shrug and shake my head.

"I heard you talking to her Colby," My mom places a hand behind her ear and says, "Super hearing remember." I roll my eyes. See why being in a family full of vampires kind of really sucks.

"She went out the window." I sigh out. My mom and dad both give me a confused look.

"Your room is on the third floor." My mom points out.

"She's tall." I reply blandly, shrug and try to walk away but my parents aren't having it. My dad is in front of me in a flash and I have to brush my hair back into place. "Jeez dad what's wrong with you?"

"This wouldn't have anything to do with that question you asked me the last time we went hunting would it?"

"What question?" My mom asks from the island but my dad isn't listening, his eyes are focused on mine."

"Colby?" He pulls my attention back to him. I gulp and I shake my head. I'm not entirely sure why I feel the need to lie to him, but the look he's giving me right now... I figured if I said 'yeah Shay's a shape shifter dad', he would have forbid me to see her or something.

"Okay good." He lets out a sigh of relief. Why is he relieved?

"What's going on honey?" My mother questions; my dad shakes his head and smiles.

"Nothing honey." He says as he takes a seat next to her again.

"She just climbed down the vine outside my window." I speak up, adding to the lie.

"Well next time just tell her to use the front door." My mom says and I nod. I give them a small smile before heading out the kitchen and up the stairs to Drakes room. The fact that my dad reacted that way makes me only want to know more about her. Why would my dad not want me to hang out with a shape shifter?

I get to Drakes room and knock on his door. "Come in Colby." He says and I can't help but smile. The tone of his voice tells me he was listening to the conversation I'd just had with our parents. "So..." He starts, sitting up on the bed. "When were you planning to ask me about this little hunting trip?" I walk in his room and take a seat on his bed.