30- POST-WAR RECESSION 1971

Start from the beginning

Music with drums and the pearls have added up with their lyrical song that were traditionally sung by their ancestors. The singing of the girls were so symphonious that mesmerized the little boys to its core.

Kashem flew the kites along with the children, two. It was so good with the sunshine and the spring wind that popped up as such that the mountains looked more green and gold with it. The flowers were blooming and the cool breeze increased the beauty of what the wings could show. It was such that, he heard a familiar voice.

"Kashem!! My love!!" screamed Nitra.

"Nitra aunty...Nitra?" exclaimed Jawad, clearing his throat.

Nitra was the one who helped Sabeda to bring Jawad to world. Since then, she used to visit him for mental checkups and physical ones. That smile on her face did familiarize with him as a teenager, who saw her photos. Anyway, she ran by uplifting her arms and hugged him like a cat meowing to its owner. Her soft hands reminded him of when he was a baby, brought to the world.

"Where have you been all these long?" cried Nitra and kissed his cheeks.

"I'm dirty!"

"I don't care, dirty boy!!" said Nitra, continued to kiss his cheeks and nibbled his neck with her head, like never before in life.

Their moments interrupted when Selim and Rahat arrived. Kashem was surprised to see the youngest version of his father, exactly the way he imagined in the original timeline: skinny, curly haired, tall, more like a hero compare to healthy mustached and darker counterpart. In the 1985 timeline, he started to get a bit chubby and grittier.

Rahat was shocked to see Kashem alive, as everyone knew him as a fugitive, some claimed him dead. Rahat and Kashem danced, similar to the street weddings which could only be found in the South Asian culture. Then they hugged.

"Bro! Where have you been all my life?" cried Rahat.

"Wowzer! It's a long story!"

"I'm willing to listen" said Rahat.

Rahat and Nitra were introduced to the tribes. An old woman, sitting outside the tent in the floor. She saw Nitra and said "please take care of him, dear, he's a nice young man to ever love you more than ever could. He even showed me your picture from the wallet. You're more beautiful than it".

It was the first time, when Kashem was healed, the old woman was outside the mountainous area, like a beggar. Until a car was about to pass. A man hoped out.

"Why the hell are you here?" screamed the man.

"I am here to beg!! I need food, son!" said the old lady softly.

"This is no place for you! Stay out of this fucking road!"

He took out the whip and hit off the old lady continuously. Until, Kashem arrived at the scene with the eyes, red and the anger of such that it turned into something unbearable. His muscles pumped out and he pressed the palm of his hands. His veins were full as such that he punched the man's face, as he fell down to the ground.

"DO YOU KNOW WHO THE FUCK AM I? I AM THE KING OF THIS JUNGLE!" said Kashem angrily.

Kashem grabbed his whip, slapped, hit and kicked him!

"Bro, please stop! I'm sorry" the man wept. Accidentally, he peed his pants, with the terror invented by Kashem. When he was about to whip him again, the old woman stopped Kashem.

"My son, this man is just a child. Don't worry" said the old woman calmly.

They stepped back and Kashem took her to the woods.

Back to the present, Nitra was amazed by Kashem's greatness and responsibilities because, even with his hooligan activities he helped a lot of people such as claimed the land to the rightful owners, exposing the corrupts, helping people to be educated and employed. To the contrast, it was discouraged by Rahat's father, Salaam. Nitra tried her best to defend Kashem's actions also and even her father passed away in the war, leaving her an orphan. What's with the orphan connection with Selim, Kashem and Nitra?

The children were screaming "Bhabi, bhabi (Sister-in-law)".

Everyone rounded, while Chief Krishnandu arrived. His grand presence silenced but gave warmth to the tribes, also including Kashem, Selim, Rahat and Nitra, while Chikku and Gyankosh came late. Krishnandu's fatherly smile offered Nitra to come to the front.

"Child, I've seen the love between you and Kashem are extremely...strong. Your dear Kashem brought joy to the lives of our community with grace and humility. I understand the consequences made by Ruby who was once my student of Archeology in Kolkata. I wasn't a Chieftain back then, but I was a Professor of the University of Kolkata. Until, my father, the former Chieftain died, I ended up to be a Chieftain and serve all the people who were helpless. I don't understand the corruption of the outer world but this simplicity might made us savage but a bit civilized. Your fiancé (or future husband), Kashem reminded me of that root that I was from. Your love conquers it all, dear" said Krishnandu.

"Thank you, chief, you're really a kind person" Nitra bowed her head.