20-1952

20

It's concerning to those who stayed after the partition, as well as some of the Pakistani citizens who care more for their brothers, the Bengalis. The shock forced them to cleverly seal the name of the signboard to Urdu. The world is quite strange for such words and languages to have a fight, but few understand the depths of it. The students were disturbed with it.

Haleem was sitting in the sweetshop along with Haleema, by selling them by speaking Urdu. Until, Aameer arrived. They looked quite bored and tired made Aameer quite anxious. In the contrast to his uniform, he wore a public dress. The calamity made the simple thing a mess. His eyes were weakened than his everyday warmth. Authorities were too far for the criticism of the Bengali language.

"What's wrong, dear? What happened?" asked Aameer, the officer.

"This calamity would sure lead through a genocide! Political pressure is taking away our brotherhood! What do we expect? But you? In a civil dress?" stated Haleem.
"I need to talk to you two about this in person, right now! CLOSE THE FUCKING SHUTTER" gasped Aameer.

They took Aameer inside the shutter and close down the shop for a while. Matter of suspense boiled through the blood of the married couple. It was the moment, the revealing stage would come to the disastrous, dirty society. The shop was nimble with tube light. Thunder was about to strike, as the preparation with realism, awakened.

Aameer revealed....

Three days ago, when Aameer was in his cabin, he was called for a meeting with the ISI (Inter-Service Intelligence, Pakistan), and Pakistan Army. He received the letter from one of his interns. Therefore, he reached the meeting room. Loads of people from the intelligence, as well as the Pakistan Army, sat on the meeting table. All looked unpleasant. Speechless, silence and some other things that were not described in words. The General looked at him, dissatisfied, the tall, salt-peppered, clean shaven man whose smart posture scared the senior officer.

"Greetings and Salam, Colonel" said the old general.

"Salam" replied Aameer.

"You are one of my trusted officers, we ever had, in the country"

"Thank You sir".

"But how could I expect your integrity, when you are busting out to help the Bengalis? You even learnt Bengali so well! Aren't you?"

"Sir, let me explain..."

"You don't have to explain anything, this is my first warning to you, regarding this situation!"

"Is that the fucking way to reward me this!?"

"Aameer, mind your language! This is the formal meeting!"

Aameer thump up the table by closing his arms. It shocked all the army people, including the intelligence officers. He burst into such temper, that the smokes were coming from his red face. The train whistles were coming from his ears. It terrified the General and couldn't make him calm. Even the birds were silent.

"According to the Qur'an and other philosophies, we are forbidden of criticizing other religion and respect it till the destruction of planet earth and aftermath! More than that, Section 153A of the Constitution criminalizes promotion of enmity between different groups, on basis of race, religion, language or caste community or any other ground, anyone who found promoting such differences, is liable to imprisonment and heavy penalties. But you people, made to become the number one hypocrite, right after the bloody British Invasion, whom in the name of trade, they shattered our brotherhood!" screamed Aamir emotionally.