Chapter 5

- Carmie's POV

* 10 months Later*

" Hey Carms , can you please bring this to table 5?" Said my manager , Lucy .

"Sure . You dont need to say please Lu , I work here ." I answer her with a polite smile .

"Oh shut up carmie . You know I dont see you as a worker here . In our ten months living together , I already saw you as my sister." Lucy said with a smile .

My face turn serious . "No srsly Lu , Thanks . For everything." I said .

"No worries . Okay , Okay . Go now . The customers waiting." She said with a chuckle .

10 months ago when I ran away from home , Lucy saw me sleeping at a sidewalk . Being the good samaritan , She took me home , gave me foods and decent clothing . And not only that , she gave me a job at the Coffee shop that she owns .

My shoulder length brown hair months ago , is now cascading past my shoulders to the top of my butt . And I dont wear glasses anymore , Lucy taught me to wear contact lenses .

I reached Table 5 and saw the customer . "Well it it wasnt our regular customer . How are you Pat ?" I said smiling at him .

Patrick is our regular customer here in the shop . A middle age man wearing a suit who have an eye for Lucy .

" Im fine carms . Where's lucy ?"

"Oh so you dont want me bringing your order?" I said jokingly putting down the cup of coffee that he ordered .

"Nah . I just haven't seen her in a while. I kinda miss her."

"Just kinda huh ?" I said laughing . "Let me call her . " I said waving my hands .

I enter the kitchen . "Hey Lu , someone's looking for you at table 5." I said nonchalantly .

"Is it Patrick ? Omigosh . How do I look ?" She asked worriedly .

I smile in amusement . " You look okay Lu. Always . And besides , I think if your wearing a bean bag , he would still think your beautiful." I said smiling .

She smiled . "Thanks Carms."

"Oh and by the way Lu , I would like to ask if I can , you know visit my mom after work ? I just want to see how she's been. " I said playing with my fingers .

"Sure carms . You know you didnt have to ask me."

I smiled . "Just to let you know."

*********************************

- Hunter's POV

Its been 10 months . 10 months of misery and 10 months that I experienced hell . Carmie's still not back here . We've been searching foR her everywhere but there's no trace of her .

My Dad didnt hand me the title yet because he didnt think I could handle the responsibilty in my condition now .
Im currently laying down in my bed , Holding Carmie's picture that I found when we searched her room the day after she left .

The picture was taken on one of our Pack's gathering . She was sitting on the front porch , smiling . She looks carefree . She's so beautiful . Really beautiful .

I cant stop the tears from flowing down my face . I miss her so much . And if Im not gonna see her now , I think Im going to be insane.

"Hey baby . When will you come back ? I really miss you . The day that you'll come back here , Im gonna make it up to you every single day . Im gonna spoil you. " I chuckle . Tears kept flowing down my face .

"Just please come back . Please , please carmie ." I sob .

A knock on my door startled me . I quickly wipe my face with my forearm . "Who's that ?" I asked irritated .

"Hunter ? Jed is downstairs . He said he need to talk to you." My moms voice ring outside the door .

I groan . What is it this time ? The last time he came here , he asked me to play basketball so I could take my mind away from Carmie .

I walked out the door . Not bothering to wear a shirt . Its just Jed . Im exhausted .

I saw him flicking channels through the tv. And then his eyes saw me .

"What the hell man ?! " he shouted .

"What?"

"You look like hell ! When was the last time you shaved ? Goodness !"

"None of your business . What do you want?"

He sigh . "I wanted to ask you to go , grab some burger and you know, have a talk , man to man . "

"No . Thanks." I said going back at the stairs .

"Wait wait wait !" He ran after me .
"You need to get out of this house ! You look awful man . Just this time . So you can wind up . We'll go back after . " he said trying to convince me .

I heave a sigh . Its not bad to take away my mind off carmie for just a couple of hours right ?

"Okay . Give me a minute . I'll just go grab some shirt . " I said .

"Oh and one more thing man . Please shave . I wont take you if you look like that." He said with a disgusted face .

"Fuck you man." I retorted.