Chapter 3

- Carmie's POV

He strides toward me . I feel nervous , nervous of what he might do. When he finally reached the spot I was on , he said in a loud voice that everyone could hear :

" I , Hunter Vahn Sant , soon to be alpha of the New Noon Pack reject you Carmie Martin as my mate!"

A flicker of surprised faces went to everyone but it was only a short time when it was replaced by laughter .

I know that being rejected by your mate hurts , but coming from Hunter's mouth , I felt my heart crash.

I was stunned and speechless .

" Who would want you as their mate anyway? No one. Look at you ? You're a pathetic excuse for a mate." Hunter continuously said with an amused look on his face .

His words echoed through my brain . The world around me vanished . And it was replaced by voices saying all of the flaws I have .

I was brought back when a pair of arms pushed me to the ground . It was Angela , one of Hunter's blonde bimbo . Everyone kept laughing .

Okay , thats it . You want to see me cry ? No. I want you to see a strong Carmie .

I quickly stood up . Patted the dirt that sticked in my dress .

I face Hunter .

"Okay. If thats what you want . I , Carmie Martin accept your rejection Hunter Vahn Sant." I said nonchalantly.

I saw him cringed in pain. But it was replaced by a smirk .

I turn my back and ran home . I cant take this anymore . I cannot tolerate them treating me this way . If they want me gone , then I'll give them what they want.

*******************************

- Hunter's POV

I watched my beautiful mate ran through the gates of our school .

I admit , her accepting my rejection hurts a lot . But I masked my pain with a smirk . I dont want people to see how weak I am when it comes to my mate .

I have the urge to ran after her and take all the bad words that Ive said to her back. Seeing her hurt because of me made me realize a lot of things .

I ignore my wolf howling in pain and the bad words he is telling me for rejecting our mate .

All I want to do now is find my mate , take her into my arms , hold her tightly and say soothing words through her ear saying that Im here for her and That I take my rejection back.

But I cant . What's done is already done . I dont want to ruin my reputation .

My thoughts are bothered by Jed .

"Hey man ! Happy birthday ! What you did ? Was badass !" He said .

All of them High fived .

I ignored them and turn my back entering the doors of our school .

Thinking about her .

What would it feel like to see her smile for me , hear her wonderful laugh . And kiss the hell outta her . I wanna know . But I guess she hates me now . Who wouldn't right ? I heave a sigh.

My Carmie.