八 ; white night

Start from the beginning

"She's right," Karina holds the phone for you to see, and you nod, "I guess I'll see you next class?" adjusting her bag on her should, she waits for your response. You nod.

"Yeah, I will." Then you and Karina begin walking in the same direction. You both hesitate before taking another step, giving each other a look. "Where are you going?"

"My dorm room."

"Oh, me too," You laugh awkwardly, "Uh.. wanna walk together then?"

She wanted to ask, you why you were now living on campus because last time she checked, you lived off campus, but she remembered the school had moved everyone from the apartments off campus onto the new dorms that were recently finished being built and ready to move into.

"I don't have a choice, do I?" Karina jokes as she begins walking. You follow her shortly after, keeping a good distance between you both. You choose to walk at Karina's pace, keeping your eyes trained on the pavement in front of you. Although you feel like it should be awkward, there's a comfortable silence between the both of you as you walk together.

It's when the air starts feeling a lot cooler than earlier that you notice it had started snowing. At first, you didn't mind it. The way the snow fell onto your head tickled you, and you liked it. It felt like soft cold kisses if that even made sense. You look over at Karina, and you notice that she is also not bothered by the rain.

"It's like Mrs. Jang has superpowers," Karina says, "One second, the sky's blue, now it's snowing." She only hopes that the snow doesn't get worse than now. Her dorm room is still a bit of a walk away, and she's not in the mood to freeze to death.

You nod, "Next thing we know, it's begins to storm"

And as if someone had snapped their fingers, the snow starts to get heavier, filling the pavement with the white fluff as the fog that surrounded you both clouded your vision. The snow no longer felt like soft cold kisses, they felt like hard punches. Karina gasps and starts to pick up her speed, but with each step she took the harsher the wind gets.

"What the hell!?" Karina says over the loud wind. She doesn't know why she was frozen in place. Perhaps it was the rush of cold snowflakes hitting her once-warm skin.

You think differently, opting to make a break from it. You glance over at Karina in near panic, noticing immediately that you're not moving at all. Then, without thinking, you take no longer than a second to pull Karina along with you, sprinting down the narrow pathway as it leads to the nearest building. You swing the door open, careful not to hit Karina in the process. When you take out a key identical to Karina, she realizes then that this is your dorm building, "I think you should stay in my dorm while you wait it out. You may end up getting sick."

Karina hesitates and thinks this situation through. Going into your dorm? Were you even that close? What if-

"If you're thinking about what I think you're thinking, no, I'm not," You grumble, "Let's go." You wave her in, and she's led to impulsively deciding that, yes, she will accept your offer. And it's mostly because she didn't want to be drenched in rain, nor did she want to stand in this hot vestibule for however long the snow would last.

"I hope the dorm isn't messy, but it's mostly my roommate who's messy." It sounds like you were speaking to yourself, but she knows you were trying to warn her. You walk a few long strides in front of Karina, looking back subtly to make sure she is actually following you down the hall.

Soon, she finds herself walking through your front door, greeted with a waft of some kind've candle scent. She couldn't really pinpoint the smell to its exact fragrance, but you can describe it as homey-something warm and welcoming.