The questions rolled through my head, the scenario of each option was worse than the one before. I have to question her again on how the baby was conceived and then we can move quickly past it. In time, she will need to deal with it, but not now, not today.

"You got away from him when you found out you were pregnant?" Slowly I began filling in the blanks.

"Yes. I wouldn't let him..." Her voice stuck in her throat now. She closed her eyes and swallowed hard. If only I could do this without her having to relive it. If there was a way she could move on and finish what she started here.

Clearing her throat, Cassie continued. "He didn't want the baby. He said I couldn't have it....." Her voice trailed out as the tears burned her eyes. "I couldn't. I couldn't do it... he was my baby too and... I wanted him.... Even if Anthony didn't."

He was willing to get rid of his own child? For what purpose, because he held a letter that stated the Colonel had killed someone? Every Marine who went into battle had to kill at some point. Dean knew that.

Who was Tom Roundtree exactly? And what connection did he have to Anthony? What kind of self-serving bastard was he? I thought about everything I know and still I have questions. There's still so many unanswered questions. They have to be answered before we can make a plan.

The urge to pace had me on my feet. I couldn't sit still. I tried to keep my hands on Cassie, but I knew my hands were hard and tense on hers. I know my temper is boiling through my veins. I need to get some space from her for a moment, just to calm down.

She doesn't see my temper that is about to surface. The last thing I want. It will frighten her more than she already is. But if I remain at her side, she will see that side of me. The side that has only been revealed in battle. I have learned to bury that cold part of my life deep down, where the only person who knows how dangerous I am is me. My temper is ugly. I know that only too well. What I am capable of, she would see me as a monster.

Finding my center, I'm able to get my control again. Going back to her, I sat down again and settled back. "I don't want to hurt you. I know talking about this is hurting you, but I need all you can tell me to design a plan to keep you and Jacob safe, and take Dean down."

Nodding her head she swipes angrily at her tears. I understand that feeling of frustration. She has to deal with the problem but she can't without feeling every punch, kick and swipe she's endured. I'm asking her for the hardest thing she has to do. She has to go through every single hit again before she can move on.

Touching her hand, I link mine with hers. "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to be right here by your side every step of this nightmare. We do this together."

What I'm offering, I'm not sure I can do but I'm going to try. She needs me. Right now I'm all that she's got. So I bring her closer to my side and encourage to keep going. She's not alone anymore.

"What happens when he comes here? He's going to find me. He's going to come. You can't underestimate him." She's exactly right about that. Dean can't be trusted.

"We fight. But I need the tools to do that. I have to know everything, Cassie." She isn't naive enough to think she can hold back now. Knowing this she continues her story.

As she details her experience, I let go of her hands and let my own fold together in my lap. My fingers clench together rolling in a fist. My knuckles turn white as my body tenses up while I listen to her words. I'm surprised my teeth aren't cracking by the way I'm clenching my jaw. My shoulders are stiff, his back rigid, while the muscles in my arms twitch. Yes, physically, I feel the monster rising inside of me. Silently I vow to Cassie to get revenge on Dean. It's the least she deserved.