Chapter fifteen

Kate and I left the penthouse "we're going to the compound but if that girl looks at you the wrong way I'll throw hands" Kate held my hand.

"Tessa" Wanda ran up to me and hugged me tightly, Pietro zoomed up and kissed me. Sabrina was no where to be seen luckily, Steve walked up to me and gave me that look.

"Sorry Steve" I looked down "glad you're ok kid" he pulled me in for a hug.

Kate, Wanda and I baked a few cakes while jamming to Taylor Swift, we handed out the cakes to each wing before laying in Wanda's bed.

"I have to get back, Lucky needs to be walked" Kate said 20 minutes later. She sighed and stood up, we gave her hugs and let her leave.

••••• week later

Wanda and I were talking before she left with vision for a date. Pietro was in the gym, Sam and Bucky were with Clint training as well.

I went to Bruce's lab and saw him testing some red chemicals. I knocked on his door before walking in, he smiled at me while I took a seat in a spinny chair.

"How are you doing?" Bruce asked after washing his hands "I'm ok, I actually wanted to ask you something" I twirled my rings again.

"Are you able to do DNA tests?" He looked at me confused before cocking his head to the side "ya, but it'll only show up if your parents have done it" he said.

"I want to know who my parents were" I stood up "Tessa, you don't have to listen to Sabrina. She's just trying to get under your skin" Bruce gave me a panicked look like he was trying to hide something.

"Bruce, I want to know who my parents are so I can feel better about my mom and knowing who left me and my brother" I raised my voice a little.

"I just don't think you're doing this for yourself though" Bruce cleared his throat.

"What are you hiding?" I asked "what... what do you mean" he was starting to sweat a little bit.

"You're trying to stop me from letting me take a dna test and you're clearly nervous" I moved away from him a little bit.

"Tessa... it's better if you didn't know who your parents were" he looked down.

"You already tested my dna, Didn't you?" I scoffed a little "Tony did, I didn't"

I rushed out of his lab "Tessa!" I heard him yell after me.

I went into Tony's lab without knocking and let the door slam shut "who were my parents?" I asked.

"And the tea spills"

"Bruce told me you guys already took my DNA test, and he won't tell me who my parents are" I shouted a little.

"It's for your own good" Tony put his tools down. "Why can't I know my own family, what is my father Hitler?" I scoffed "almost as bad as him" Tony mumbled.

"Please just tell me"

"No"

"What if you watched your mom die and didn't even know who your mom was, you don't know her name, you don't know who she was, and no memories are left because the trauma responses block them out wouldn't you want to know her name and find info on them?" I walked up to him.

"It's for your better good" he turned around.

"Please Tony, please just tell me"

He sighed and walked to a filing cabinet. "Your mother was Natalie Alonso, she had four kids- one when she was 15 which was Alejo, another at 17 but he died at birth, then you, then she had a miscarriage at 4 weeks— a year before she died"