4 - the party

A/N: alcohol & swearing are in this chapter so if ur uncomfortable skip this one ❤️

Why are you avoiding me?"

"...What?"

Jake got flushed and started to avoid Sunghoon's eyes.

"Avoiding you? No i'm not.."

Sunghoon looked at him with a straight face. "Tell the truth."

Jake looked at the time. "Oh, it's 6:00! How unfortunate. Well it looks like our session is done, you may leave now."

Sunghoon stood there. "I'm not leaving until you answer my question, Jaeyun." Jake looked away. "Well, you can stay there then."

As Jake was trying to walk away, Sunghoon grabbed him by the arm and looked into his eyes.

"Tell me."

"Uhm- I- Well-"

"Oh, hey Jake and Sunghoon!" They both look to see someone waving.

"Oh, Hi Jungwon!" Jake smiled. Sunghoon let go, and Jake ran to Jungwon. "Want to start out project now?" Jungwon nodded. "Sure! There's a space here, follow me."

"Bye, Sunghoon!" Jungwon waved as he walked away with Jake.

"....Bye." Sunghoon said with a stern look. He quickly packed up and left the library, heading off to party with his friends.

As he walked, he kept on wondering why Jake was avoiding him. 'Does he like me? No way. He doesn't.. or does he? I mean, I wouldn't be mad- nevermind.'

While thinking about Jake, he suddenly thought about.... that. 'I KISSED A GUY?? No way, I'm literally straight... yeah, I'm straight.'

Just then, he arrived at the party and walked in, hearing someone call his name.

"Yo, Sunghoon!" Jay called out, as Sunghoon walked over.

Jay looked at Sunghoon. "Don't you have a project to do?" Sunghoon scoffed. "Nah dude,I payed my partner do to all of it." Jay smirked. "Okay, rich boy. Up for some drinks with ____?" Sunghoon chuckled. "Sure, let's go."

...

With Jake and Jungwon, they just got about halfway with their project. "Oh, there's a problem with this over here." Jungwon pointed. "How do we fix it?"

Jake came up with a solution. "Oh? That's easy. You just do this and... done!" Jungwon smiled. "You're so smart, Jake!" Jake laughed a bit. "It's nothing, don't mention it!"

Jungwon relaxes a bit. "I think that's enough for today!" Jake nods in agreement. "Yeah, for sure. What do you want to do now?"

"Just the perfect thing!" Jungwon says. "We should go to _____'s party!" Jake was surprised. "Oh? Uh, I heard of it, but I wasn't invited so-"

Jungwon interrupted him. "Nah, don't worry! There's no invitation- well, basically everyones invited, now come on!!!" Jake stumbled as Jungwon dragged him out of the library all the way to the party.

Jake covered his ears. "Is the music supposed to be this... loud?!" Jungwon looked back. "What?! I can't hear you!" Jake rolled his eyes.

Jungwon pointed to the kitchen. "Jake, over here! It's quieter." Jake looks over and follows Jungwon to the kitchen. "Gosh, this party is so crowded!" Jungwon smiled. "Yeah, but it's so fun! By the way, do you want some drinks?"

Jake wasn't so sure. "Uh, drinks? Like alcohol?" Jungwon nodded. "Have you never tried any before?" Jake shook his head. "Uh, no..."

Jungwon smiled. "Well, it's your chance to try it!" He handed over a cup to Jake. "Here you go."