“Who knows, maybe in some other universe we did stay. Maybe we lived happily and we stayed there for the rest of our lives, all happy and making a good life for ourselves with no worries to be found.” Tommy takes in his own words, his smile growing bigger at the thought. “Who knows what could have happened.” Wilbur studies Tommy’s face, humming at the thought as he looked up towards the blue sky. 

“I guess.” Tommy himself looked up, eyes blinking as he noticed not one cloud could be found. “Wouldn’t it be nice if we could have a life like this again? Have a small farm, a little cabin, or something, and just live a simple life again?” 

“If only we could.” Tommy mumbled, eyes looking at the two small boys that passed by him as they ran into the flower field behind them. The younger Wilbur was smiling, Fundy sitting in his father's lap with droopy eyes. Tommy smiled, hearing the Wilbur next to him chuckle. 

“Wilbur?” 

“Yes?” 

“How are you here? If you are alive now, why are you still visiting me like you did when you were dead?” Wilbur didn’t answer, only stared ahead with a cloudy glaze covering his eyes. His smile turned into a thin line, watching as Wilbur threw Fundy into the air and caught him as the two laughed, a happy Fundy spreading his arms as if he was flying the whole time. Before Tommy could ask the question again everything turned black, indicating to the avian that the dream was over. 

Tommy slowly blinked his eyes open, hearing his door quietly squeak open in the process. He looked towards the entrance, seeing the middle child there with a sleepy smile. “Hey, Technoblade said to come and get you for breakfast.” Tommy nodded, rolling around to get a few more minutes to wake up, listening to the brunettes retreating footsteps as he did so. He sighed, remembering the dream he had with a frown.

~ + ~

After they had looked over the plan one last time they had decided the set date of the attack, the four becoming more excited at the realization that the Dooms day for L’manburg was so close now. Wilbur and Tommy had left after the meeting, one more eager to get out of the cabin than the other. Once back at Pogtopia the two wasted no time finishing their part of the plan, Tommy leading Wilbur down the tunnels to where he’s been stuffing the TNT to destroy L’manburg from beneath. Tommy placed another TNT block down as Wilbur walked up behind him, a long sigh leaving his lips. He must have placed all the TNT he had given him.

“To think, all this will be gone in the next three days.” Tommy hums in agreement with the other's statement, stretching out his tired back before facing the older brother. “What are you going to do after we destroy L’manburg?” Tommy was caught off guard by the question, the gears in his head turning before answering. He hadn’t thought of what he would do after. 

“Not sure.” The teen shrugs, watching a frown form on the other's face. 

“Really?” 

“Yeah.” Wilbur stares for a moment, sighing as he finally looks away from the avian before him. 

“Well, I think I’m leaving the SMP.” Tommy’s eyes widen. “After we destroy L’manburg, I don’t have much keeping me here. Fundy disowned me, I don’t have any family here.” Wilbur paused. “Except for you, you are the only reason I would stay here.” Wilbur smiles, making Tommy a bit more confused. “Which is why I’m asking you to come with me.” 

“What?” Tommy’s fists ball together, confusion taking over his expression as he stares at his calm brother. 

“I want you to come with me! We can get out of here together, and we never need to look back. I mean, we’ll have nothing to look back to anyways.” Wilbur chuckles at the last bit, his smile growing a bit bigger. Tommy opened his mouth to argue only to have the brunette interrupt him. “Once we blow up L’manburg we’ll be hated, no one will care about us- will probably even hunt us down. It might be better if we just leave, now that I think of it.” Wilbur turns around, eyes thinking as his lips pursed in thought as well. 

“What about Techno?” Wilbur looked behind and towards the younger brother at the mention of the piglin hybrid. “I might not like Phil, but me and Techno have gotten closer since we started planning L’manburgs end.” Tommy crossed his arms, a frown forming on his face. 

“He abandoned us, remember? He went with Phil with no protest, he didn’t try and stay behind for his two brothers. They left us with barely a goodbye, leaving only false hope and lies behind.” Wilbur started, voice cold as he spoke of the two. Tommy looked down, eyes cloudy as he took in the brunette's words. He wasn’t wrong, and Tommy “Why should we care what they think? If we want to leave then we should leave.” 

“It does sound nice.” Tommy admits. Wilbur smiles, walking towards the teen before bringing the other into a hug. 

“We can just leave, find somewhere peaceful to live out our days, and never have to worry about this place again. We’ll never have to worry ever again. We can live like we did before we came here, have a simple life.” How appealing that sounded to the blond. Tommy smiled at the thought, hugging his older brother back as he let out a tired sigh. “We can have a small little farm, maybe raise some cows and chickens and get a dog or two. We can have actual friends, we can be an actual family again.” Wilbur whispers out, squeezing the other closer. “Just you and me, two brothers hitting the open road in search of a new beginning!” Tommy imagined it, a small cabin like the one from his childhood, maybe a few flower gardens and a barn that held cows that Tommy took care of. A small field of crops that Wilbur made, selling their produce and other various things they had and having a normal life. Tommy hugged the other tighter. 

“Okay.” Tommy began. “Okay, yeah. Let’s do it. Let's leave.” Wilbur pulls away, smiling, and ruffles to teen's hair like he used to. Tommy couldn’t help the huge grin that was plastered on his face. “Let’s leave this shitty place behind and find our new beginning.” 

I thought some fluff filler would be good for all of you before everything goes to shit....

You can thank me later :]