And above all, he would see Endeavor burn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shinso leaned against one of the solid oak trees, watching the rest of his classmates from a distance. At this point, a few of the pairs had ventured out into the forest and a couple of distant, echoey screams could be heard over the treetops. None had come from Todoroki and Bakugo, though, so one could assume that Bakugo had picked a fight and they were now completely ignoring whatever it was that they were supposed to be walking through a forest of terror. Bet that messed with class 1-b. Ha.

He was going to be one of the last to go, so he was really just chilling. A few of the Wild, Wild Pussycats had popcorn out and were laughing when some of the more obnoxious screams, like Aoyama's, burst through the air. Seriously, that kid had a scream that was so high pitched Shinso was shocked they could even hear it, and it wavered like he was singing opera, too. That scream should be registered as a support weapon, because it could do some serious damage.

Another pair disappeared into the forest, the small clearing getting just a tad quieter as more and more students walked away. You could now hear the crickets softly chirping, the wind lightly ruffling through the trees, smell the burning wood from all around the forest-

Wait, smell the burning wood from all around the forest?!

Shinso head darted up, nostrils flared and eyes wide as he surveyed the blue flames swirling in the distance, clearly not supposed to be there. The four Wild, Wild Pussycats tossed their popcorn to the ground, immediately at the ready for whatever disaster was about to befall them.

"STUDENTS! STAY BEHIND US! THIS IS NOT A PART OF FEAR NIGHT!" Another student- he wasn't really looking to see who- grabbed him by the arm and pulled him over to where they were all stationed behind the teachers, as requested. A few of them were back-to-back, everyone at the defensive. They knew they couldn't do anything now, because if this was really a villain attack they couldn't attack unless given explicit orders by their instructors.

And that probably wasn't going to happen, given that they knew about what had happened with Stain. Aizawa had given him the evil eye when he came back from the hospital that day, and Shinso knew, even if he didn't directly say it, that if he ever did something like that again he would be in deep trouble. Like the kind of deep trouble that got people killed.

So, they would do what their supervisors told them to. They wouldn't be reckless and mindlessly attack whatever villain came at them. Him, Todoroki and Ida would show them that they had learned, and that they understood what the consequences of their actions would have been if Izuku-sensei hadn't shown up.

Speaking of Izuku-sensei...

Their green-headed teacher was taking a head count, gaze scanning over them quickly. There was a cold, clinical sharpness in his eyes, like he was calculating every data set, every possibility that could arise. In that moment, Shinso could barely see a trace of his teacher who had always had a twinkle in his eye, like he was his own star. Instead, all he could see was a dark, shrew shadow that enveloped him, the dark side of the moon that you never saw.

And then, just like that, it was gone. Their teacher turned away from them and made his way over to the rest of the heroes, something dangling from the tips of his fingers. It was glinting against the sparks that danced from beyond the treetops, so Shinso could only assume it was some sort of metal, maybe the knife he used when battling Stain. From the way things were right now, it was starting to look like he would need it.

Several figures began to emerge from the corners of the clearing, some carrying enormous weapons with them. There was a blade set on what seemed to be hundreds of other blades, all dangerously sharpened. They were helpless to do anything but watch as their teachers started to engage in combat, dodging blows and dealing with the villains.