"You need to get him somewhere comfortable" Shadow stated climbing unsteadily to his feet ignoring the glaring Sonic, the speedster and him still needed to speak. Knuckles nodded watching the way Shadow sagged against a tree opposite the master emerald. What the hell was wrong with him? Shadow struggled to work out what was a reality as he found himself in a flashback. The Black Arms! Shadow groaned, feeling the fallen in his blood. 

The chaotix were quick to rush off to Mighty's house, Ray had set up a bed while Espio ignored them all pacing around his room. He knew when it was going to happen and he still wasn't on friendly terms with the rest of them. Leaving Shadow to deal with it himself. 

"Grumpy, are you going to answer me or will I have to get Omega to…"

"No need" Shadow grumbled out climbing to his feet, he pulled away from her touch moving over to his children only for them to all flinch away from him. Shadow groaned inwardly.

"Shadz, back off" Sonic warned, Shadow only shook his head walking over to the cliff's edge as he looked up at the stars. Pain spread through his body, he knew what was happening. He had destroyed the black arms core and it was affecting him because he was half black arms. He only wanted to ease his kids' pain but it seemed he would only make it worse. 

"It would seem you have found yourself in a bit of a pickle" 

Blaze's voice snapped him out of his thoughts, turning around Shadow noticed the purple cat was glaring at him. 

"You hurt Silver deeply and didn't even apologise for it" Blaze angrily whispered, Shadow raised an eyebrow utterly confused. Blaze could only sigh, "There is a reason why he hates you". The word 'hate' meant a lot to Shadow who could only flinch at the word. Blaze rolled her eyes, "Because of your DNA, whatever Dr Robotnik did means he can't have children. The more we try the more we end up failing. Our last two died due to your DNA. It's your fault your son is unhappy and hates you. I just thought I'd tell you before he asks the question" Blaze explained, glaring at him. Shadow could only nod, the same thing got brought up in endless arguments with Sonic. 

"Tails?" 

The fox turned at his name, Tails walked over to Shadow, the ebony hedgehog whispered something and the fox's eyes widened. 

"Are you sure?" Tails asked.

"I am, put me under. I'm too unstable, without the serum from the ark, I could kill you all. I made a terrible mistake that I thought was right but I need to be put under for the next eight hours" Shadow explained, not caring at the shocked looks from Rouge and Tails, the two couldn't believe what the ultimate lifeform was asking.

"Why?" Rouge pressed into his side.

"I'm a walking time bomb, I need to teleport to Chris's dimension to the Ark to retrieve the serum otherwise…well think of it this way. That mountain we witnessed blow up, imagine that times one hundred" Shadow simply put it, Tails understood while Rouge only smiled. 

"Just promise to let me out in eight hours and I should be good" 

"Does Sonic have a say in this?" Rouge asked, looking back at the speedster who was tapping his foot. Omega moved over. 

"No, me and him aren't seeing eye to eye. Faker can have his tantrum while I nap" Shadow said with a grin, Tails smirked at him. Rouge shook her head at his attitude.

"When do you want to do this?" Tails asked as Shadow crossed his arms. "Now if it's possible" Shadow answered with a grim expression. Tails could only nod. "We need to get you to the lab now but without using chaos energy. It could cause devastating effects which means…" Tails pointed at Omega who scooped Shadow up, who grumbled "I hate you" to the robot who laughed in his own way. They shortly arrived at Tails Workshop allowing Tails to get everything set up. Team Dark had a few moments to discuss the situation.