III

Squeaking shoes and loud music were all that was heard from the mostly empty practice room. Following the rhythm was just one man in the large room. The man was tall and skinny, yet fit and handsome. Strands of his somewhat long black and red hair was stuck to his forehead with sweat. The wooden floors reverberated every time he stomped the ground and the walls shook from the sheer volume of the music that was playing. Watching his silhouette closely in the large mirror in front of him, he collapsed to the ground, panting as the song came to an end.

One more time Yunho. Get it right for once. He had thought to himself as his lungs fought for air.

Yunho decided to sit up, reaching desperately for his water bottle that stood by the mirror to drink from it.

Right as he was taking a much needed sip from his bottle, he saw the reflection of another man entering the studio.

"I knew I'd find you here" said the man in a somewhat disappointed manner.

Yunho gulped down his water "You want a prize for finding me, mister know it all?" He replied snarkily.

"You were supposed to be at our place about 40 minutes ago, I texted you and called you and you never answered."

And the realization suddenly hit Yunho right in the face.

"Ah, shit, I for-"

"Forgot? Again?" Wooyoung reprimanded. "You can't keep doing this, Yunho. I reminded you today before I left, literally just a few hours ago for this reason exactly. How did you just forget?" He scolded.

Yunho, now feeling somewhat embarrassed replied hesitantly.

"I kind of...like...didn't really listen to you at all to be honest."

Yunho gulped as wooyoung sighed deeply, pinching the bridge of his nose like a disappointed parent.

"Come on, we're leaving." The younger said definitely, not asking for a reply from the other.

"But wooyoung-"

"No. You can't bail on this one. You're coming with me." Wooyoung decided.

"Can we at least pass through my apartment so that I could shower?" Yunho asked the younger quietly.

".... alright. But do it quick or I'm whooping your ass so hard you'll never dance again." The shorter threatened as he held the door open for Yunho, watching the older pick up his belongings and rush out of the studio by wooyoung's command.

Quietly sitting in wooyoung's car, the two drove through the streets of Seoul. Between the two, the younger was the first one to speak.

"You really should stop doing this you know. It's not good for you."

Yunho rolled his eyes at the statement, this wasn't the first time he'd heard this in his lifetime.

"This is my dream job woo. I need this job. Even if it means working a little more."

"You're addicted, Yunho. This isn't good. You're letting your job control you rather than you controlling your job." The light blue haired boy said, his concern loud and clear in his voice.

Passing street lights lit wooyoung's face ever so slightly, just enough for the older to see how his eyebrows furrowed with worry.

"I'm okay, woo." He let out quietly .

"I know.... I know you are." Wooyoung said softly.

The older didn't say a thing after that. He knew that he couldn't convince Wooyoung that he was doing just fine.

He wanted to escape the car.

He knew how disappointed wooyoung, and probably the rest of their friends were with him.

He wished he could stop thinking about it.

Just stop caring about it completely.

Maybe that's when he realised, it's gonna be a long night.

Mingi and San were the second to arrive at wooyoung and yeosang's apartment, as it seemed that Jongho had already been there, helping Yeosang put out snacks when they arrived.

When they walked in to the apartment, Mingi was immediately abandoned by San, who had run to greet Wooyoung, who was still getting ready in his bedroom.

Watching san disappear behind wooyoung's door, Mingi went to greet Jongho and Yeosang in the kitchen.

"Beer?" The youngest offered the can in his hand.

"Anything stronger?" Mingi asked at the thought of waiting for his best friend.

Yeosang immediately marched towards one of the kitchen cabinets. He pulled out a bottle of vodka and offered it to the taller. "Alright don't tell Wooyoung I gave you this because he will kill me, but you're looking pretty desperate", He said, showing some remorse for Mingi's tired expression.

Seonghwa and hongjoong were the third to get there, only about ten minutes apart from Mingi and San. Right away they greeted everyone and settled down in the living room. At this point, Mingi had already downed his first shot.

Minutes ticking by, conversation topics changing and yunho still hasn't showed up. about thirty minutes after the last arrival, wooyoung left the apartment, mumbling something to San right before he walked out the door, leaving Mingi curious and anxious.

For that, he downed his next shot.

Waiting for wooyoung to come back, he drank again. He sat on the black leather couch, quietly fidgeting with his empty shot glass, blank expression on his face.

"You okay man?" Jongho asked, standing above the older.

"He's not gonna show up, is he?"  Mingi gazed at the younger in disappointment.

"Seems like it." Jongho replied casually.

Mingi reached out his hand to Jongho, holding his little shot glass up at him. "Pour",  He said.

"Mingi, you'll actually get drunk at this rate." Jongho replied, unwilling to pour the man another shot.

The older rolled his eyes "you're the one who gave me access to alcohol", he said.

"Plus, if he's not coming then what's the point of staying sober?"

Jongho gave up, he poured the man another shot and watched him down his fourth.

As the silver haired gulped down his drink, the doorknob of the main entrance rattled and twisted.

The door opened, finally revealing wooyoung, who was followed by a certain Jeong Yunho.

A/N
I'd like to apologize in advance for any future drama that might happen in this fic