Chapter 4

It's light and airy, a pastel-colored sanctuary, straight out of a catalogue. Sun streams in through the open windows as the girls walk in to their bedroom. Evie's eyes widen in delight while Mal's narrative in pure horror.

"Wow, the sun here is so amazing-"

"-ly gross." Mal finishes off for her.

Evie does an immediate one-eighty, and slightly reluctantly agrees, although her face shows excitement. "-ly gross. Blech!"

They both sit on their bed as Mal goes through her mother's spell book. In the mean time she mentions, "We have to focus. Find the wand." She does a gagging noise. "And get out of here."

"Right. Here sucks." Evie agrees once again, though her face says otherwise.

As the boys come in, Jay's showing off the stuff he's stolen since he arrived at the school: cell phones, laptops, cameras, you name it.

"Not bad!" Carlos exclaims impressed.

"For my first day!" Jay agrees.

Mal looks at the boys with an annoyed stare which Carlos didn't take long to notice and speed walks to Evie, sitting next to her on her bed. The daughter of the Mistress of Evil questions with a little bit of anger, "What are you doing?"

Jay's stolen goods falls out of the bag, dropping on the floor. He looks up a Mal while picking the stuff up and answers with, "Uh, it's called 'stealing'? It's like buying, except it's free?"

"You can steal whatever you want-" Mal states as she takes the bag with the electronics away from Jay. "After we take over Auradon."

"You sound just like your mother!" Evie. . . Compliments?

"Aw, thanks! Now, mirror me."

"Mirror, Mirror, in my hand: Where is Fairy Godmother's. . . wand?" Evie speaks into her mirror.

"Ha! 'Hand' and 'wand' don't rhyme! You know, as my mom always says-"

"No one cares, Carlos." Mal tries to shut the boy.

Carlos looks at his leader impressed. "Yes! That's what she always says. How'd you know?"

". . . Anyway! The wahhhnd is at. . . " Evie looks closely at her mirror. "The Museum of Cultural History, 2.32 miles away. Wow, it works!"

"Okay, let's make a plan. How 'bout-"

Jay, already up and halfway out of the room, shrugs his leader off while yelling, "Screws plans, I got this! See ya!"

Mal runs off after him, and yells back, "So you can hog all the credit? Not happening!"

"Hey, wait up!"

Evie chases after them, leaving Carlos alone in the room. He looks at the door that he friends had just left from, and fear as well as debate starts engulf him remembering what his mother told him before they left. But also remembering what his main objective was when he and the Vks were to arrive at Auradon.

"But, agh, not supposed to leave the dorms- gah, rules, -supposed to break them, confused, conflicted. . ." After a moment of silence and him rocking himself back and forth on Evie's bed, he decides. "Coming!!!"

Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos run around the campus, making sure no one sees. But what they don't see is that Fairy Godmother and Jane are watching from a distance.

"Truancy! Already! And you know how I feel about curfews-" F.G. protested.

"Mother, they might not be all bad. . . " Jane differs.