"Welcome to my castle," Evelyn joked as she stood up, facing Chris as she walked over to the door and closed it, locking it. "Sorry it's a mess, the maid took the week off,"

Chris slightly laughed as he took in the sights of her room. "So...how long does it take to kick in?"

Evelyn remembered what they were here for and began to look in her drawers that were not full of clothes. "Uh, depends on if you snort it or not," she says as she passes her guitar and then walks back to it, kissing the tips of her fingers and strumming the chords, a small note playing. "Sorry I'm late, dear," she whispered as she continued searching. 

She looked in a black cabinet as Chris stood there quietly, and she finally found a bag of what she needed. A bag of Special K, a strong drug that she liked to take. 

"Aha, found it Ch- Chris?" she says, looking back at Chris. His body was tense and frozen in place, his face looking directly forward as his eyelids twitched, his blue eyes looking up at a nonexistent item.

What the hell? Evelyn thought as she walked over. "Uhhh, Chris wake up," she says, waving her hand in front of his face, her face twisted in confusion. His expression didn't change. "Chriss," she says, snapping in his face. "Chris wake up, hey, hello?" she says as she waves a hand in front of his face, and then looks around confused and concerned as the lights began flickering quickly.

"What the fuck?" she says as she looks around and then back to Chris, freaking out at the situation. "Chris WAKE UP!" she says clapping her hands in front of his face, her stomach churning from anxiety. 

She placed her hands on Chris's shoulders as the lights flickered more quickly. "Chris WAKE UP! I don't like this!" she exclaimed as she patted her hands on his shoulders, panicking. "Chris wake up! Time to wake up, can you hear me, Chris!" she yelled, and she didn't hear Wayne come to the door, and he probably had gone outside for a smoke.

WHY THE SHIT IS HE TAKING A GODDAMN CIGARETTE SMOKE NOW OF ALL FUCKING TIMES?!  Evelyn thought as she panicked, not knowing what to do. Evelyn continued to shake Chris until she suddenly felt him lifting out of her reach, and she looked at his feet and saw they were... floating. Off of the ground. 

Evelyn jerked back while stumbling, knocking over her radio, which crackled and began to play ABBA's song, 'Dancing Queen' as she cursed freely as Chris gradually floated slowly higher. Evelyn's breath hitched as everything in her nervous system was telling her to run. 

"What the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck," she repeated as she stared, frozen in place with fear as she looked at Chris. She jumped as Chris suddenly hit the ceiling, his body flat against the ceiling as his expression never changed, as if he was not knowing what was happening to his body. Her eyes widened with fear and the message to run just got louder, the adrenaline pounding in her head. 

Evelyn stumbled onto the floor as she watched as Chris's right leg began to tremble, and then the middle of his lower leg bone just snapped. It made Evelyn seriously panic, and she scrambled up quickly, kicking the radio in the process, making the currently playing song louder as she fumbled with the doorknob and busted it open, grabbing her keys and running out of the front door. 

"What the entire FUCK!" she yelled as she opened the car door, climbing in and slamming the door, putting the car in ignition as she quickly pulled out of the driveway, a location in mind as she drove off, leaving her very confused uncle on the bench.

She drove with everything in her system that willed her to run. Her mind was frazzled and confused as the snapping sound of Chris's bone echoed in her head, making warm saliva enter her throat as she drove quickly to her destination a few numbers above the speed limit. She pulled into the driveway of a rickety old home that was made out of wood and had a shed in the back as she opened the driver door without shutting her van off and vomited in the grass of the driveway. 

Her legs trembled and brought her to the ground as her hands shook as she heaved again, hot tears rolling down her face as her body processed the trauma of what happened, having no idea what was going on, and how strange and terrifying it was. 

They're going to think I killed him. Whatever the hell happened back there, I'm pretty sure he's dead. I'm fucking screwed. Wayne is super innocent and has never been in serious trouble. I ran and I didn't even get Chris help. He's probably laying face first on the fucking floor. I just had to goddamn run away. I never run away...what the hell is wrong with me, Evelyn thought as she sobbed, kneeling on the hard gravel as rocks bit into her legs, but she ignored it, her entire body shaking from what had happened.

The blinking lights, the floating, his body slamming against the ceiling. The leg snap. It all repeated in her head like a nightmare. She didn't know how it happened and why, poor Chris didn't deserve it. Was him fearing that happen is why she came to him for drugs?

Then another thing hit her. They would find her drugs and Wayne would be mad, and the authorities would be searching for her, and the second they did find her, if they found her, she would be arrested and in jail before graduation. Evelyn shook with fear. 

She didn't know what to do next, but she sure as hell knew that she would have to go in hiding.