Ch 3. O.B.D.N.S.S

Start from the beginning

The four glanced at Luz. She smiled at them and gave a slight nod. They left the office. Amity was just about to follow when Bump cleared his throat. "Actually, Ms. Blight, you stay."

She looks back at him bewildered but lets the door close behind Willow.

Bump studied the witches before him, he looked as of he was having second thoughts on what he was about to say.
He took a deep breath.

"Alright. Ms. Noceda, since you first started attending Hexside last year there has been an increase in incidents around the school..."
Luz shrank in on herself a bit.

"I know you mean no harm and most incidents result in no injuries but nevertheless, most have been disruptive."

Luz couldn't seem to take her eyes off her shoes.
Bump went on, "Taking into account that the last student to be expelled from Hexside was expelled for sending a classmate to another dimension over a cookie... I do think expulsion is a bit extreme. The worst thing your group has done was set the sports field on fire, with no casualties. So instead of jumping the gun, I've decided to bring back an old punishment!"

Bump breathes out a bit heavily.
Luz knows she should be worried, but her interest is peaked. Both girls waited anxiously for Bump to continue.

"O.B.D.N.S.S"

Both girls looked very confused.

Amity says, unsure of herself, "Obedience?"

Bump smiled warmly, but you can see the hesitation behind his eyes.
"Optimized Behavior Dictation Negotiated by Star Students."
Luz felt an uneasiness in the pit of her stomach.

Bump went on, "It was a program that entrusted our top students with helping our most troublesome ones fall in line."
"But turns out not all our best students were all that... good.", he added under his breath.

"So how exactly does this work?", Amity asked.

"Ms. Noceda will be enchanted with an obedience spell. The control end of the spell will be connected to you.
I trust with you being an outstanding top student, you can handle this responsibility?

"Of course, I can Principal Bump.", she was speaking with her misplaced ego.

Luz was frozen in place. Amity on the other hand was processing the information just given to her.
She slowly looked up at Bump. "So... if I tell her not to cause trouble...?".

"Then she will not cause trouble.", Bump stated.

"Why not tether her with a teacher?"

"Because the teachers can't shadow Luz to every class. You can and will be adopting her schedule for a week. And you will be responsible for staying caught up with your regular classwork."

Amity's ears twitched. She didn't like the idea of being stuck babysitting the human.

"I am also going to require you to shadow her during free periods. Again this will only be until next Wednesday," Bump reassured.
"I'm hoping you two will find some common ground to lessen the bickering you do so much.", He sounded tired.

Luz snapped back to reality. "Principal Bump, can I please just be expelled? I don't think I want to mirror Little Miss Perfect over there", Luz points a thumb at Amity.

Amity squinted her eyes, "Watch it Noceda."
Luz stuck out her tongue in response.

Bump lifted a finger and drew a spell circle. A scroll appeared out of thin air and landed in his hand.

"Luz it's only for a week. If anything does happen, both your guardians know how to dispel the enchantment. But if it is dispelled early without an acceptable reason... I might just have to consider suspension after all."

Luz could not believe this was happening. She loved her free will! This has to be illegal right?! She didn't exactly know what all her rights were in the Boiling Isles.

Bump started to read from the scroll. He cast a spell circle that surrounded Luz and then another that surrounded Amity.
Both girls began to glow. Then Bump snapped his fingers. Half of the scroll disintegrated. Bump then stored the remaining half inside his desk.

Luz looked at her hands, she doesn't feel too different.
Bump leaned back in his chair, "How about a test? Amity, please tell Luz to bow."

Amity smiled. Seeing Luz who was usually so smug look terrified was satisfying to the Blight.
"Bow."

Against every fiber of her being, Luz doubles over forming a 90⁰ angle.

Luz thought it felt unnatural, but it wasn't painful.

Bump looked at Luz, "How do you feel?"

"Strange?.... Like I don't have control."

"Amity, to clear all of your commands simply say
'Free will'."

Amity looks at Luz, "Free will."

Just then the human's body went a bit limp and she straightened up. She looked at her hands again, 'I could make it a week right?'

Bump turned to Amity, "You shall not have her harm others, or herself. You can not make her break the laws of physics. You can not have her do your bidding. And you can not use commands on her outside of school property. Your goal is to prevent disruption."

He now turned to Luz, "If you don't act disruptive then Amity will have no reason to make commands."

Both girls nod. Bump leaned forward, resting his elbows on his desk, "I will be contacting your guardians to update them. Be aware that this punishment is 2 steps down from expulsion. I hope you're satisfied Ms. Blight. And Luz, I hope you consider your actions more carefully from now on."

Again, both girls nodded.

"Good. Now off to Luz's next class.", Bump waved them away.

"OH! And show this piece of paper to each teacher, it will explain the change in your schedule Amity." A paper floats over to Amity and she grabbed it out of the air.

The two exited, the door clicking shut behind them.

Bump stared at the door for a moment.

"I feel like I'm forgetting something."