Immediately small chuckles filtered around the round table and even the crowd as everyone calmed down. It appeared that the distraction was actually a good thing.

"Now," Elsa suddenly adorned a stern expression, folding her hands in front of her, "what is this that I hear of wedding arrangements being made on my daughter's behalf?" She said it dangerously, her voice deathly quiet.

The table fell silent, glances being shared between one another. When no one proceeded to answer, Elsa turned to King Charming.

"It might benefit you to know that my daughter was never set to marry anyone — it was a passing idea that had been brought up to me and was promptly denied. I see no reason to linger on ideas of the past..." she spoke, "and there is no one at this table who has the right to try and betroth my daughter to anyone, not even myself. I feel as though this is something we all agreed upon when forming this council?"

Murmurs of agreement went around as everyone remembered what it was like before. Before the Isle, in the older ages.

Forced marriages, loveless unions, all for the sake of the crown. These people were the ones to change it, they left the traditional ways and created new paths.

Charming sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose as he remembered even himself when he was young.

Her certainly was not jumping for joy when his father continuously brought in suitor after suitor... woman after woman to try and marry him off.

Grand children as Charming's father had told him back then. He wanted him to be married so that he might see some grandkids.

"It does not change the fact that King Ben still allowed that WITCH to destroy the barrier without even a thought of the repercussions," he grumbled while shaking his head.

"We need mot to use offensive titles, your majesty," Elsa quipped back, a fire alight in her eyes at the term, "witches can be good or evil just as any other person can. Ben has obviously chosen this beautiful young woman to sit at his side by the throne — if you would not disrespect your own Queen then why do you consider it appropriate to disrespect his?"

King Chadwick Charming swallowed heavily but said nothing other than delivering a heavy glare Elsa's way.

"Now that we have sorted that, you are in fact correct about it not being valid for him to do such a thing," she turned to Ben who had looked relieved and thankful that the Snow Queen had defended Mal.

However, his shoulders sagged upon the scathing look she now threw him.

"This is a council," King Naveen of Maldonia said with his eyes narrowed, "we all play a vital role in the good of Auradon, we ALL choose what is the best for the country. Not just you or the future Queen..." he said Mal's title with respect, but there was still an unhappy tone to his voice.

"I, for one, think that Mal will be a fantastic Queen," it was Ariel's airy voice that spoke, "and I do not hold grudges against any of the VKs, in fact, I agree with your dream. The VKs did not deserve to stay on that Isle. I would have voted for bringing the barrier down, but no election was given..."

Ben stayed strong, although it was easy for anyone on the council to see that this boy really just wanted the ground to swallow him whole at the moment. Being critiqued so harshly by all the Kings and Queens of the land, especially at his first meeting was no easy feat.

King Charming was about ready to open his mouth again, quite happy with the support that his heavy thoughts had been given. However, Elsa was quick to beat him in speech.

"We have spoken circles on this matter for long enough," she said sharply in a tone that demanded respect. She had spent too much of her life with fear and caution, she would never be that way again. "Ben understands the repercussions of his actions. He understands that if anything is to go wrong with bringing the barrier down then it will be his fault and his fault alone. He understands that if he ever attempts to pull anything such as this again then Arendelle and the North will choose to succeed from Auradon as will many other kingdoms no doubt," The Queen spoke that part mercilessly, and Ben's face actually went pale as murmurs of agreement piped up.