AEO | Facing Fear | 2

__________________________

Facing Fear
__________________________

"Fear could either do one or two things. It can either protect you from something bad, or it can hinder you from something good. Now in no way am I God to know for sure, but in this situation I'm going with the latter. You've been through so much together. You deserve to love & live in that love babe."
- Lira Alicia Brown-Thompson
__________________________

Wednesday | January 6

It was a beautiful Wednesday afternoon where Layton and Lira found themselves enjoying a lunch inside the cafeteria of the hospital where Layton had clinical. Lira had come for a quick checkup, so she'd decided to stay and share lunch with her good friend. It had been a bit since they'd last spoken, so the two were overdue for a girl talk with one another. Layton needed it the most.

"We saw BG the other day, he looks good

"We saw BG the other day, he looks good. I love all the facial hair and weight he's put on. It looks good." Lira's words flowed in between munching on the caesar salad she'd purchased from the salad stand in the cafeteria.

Layton smiled, picturing how much Benji's appearance had changed since he moved to Miami. "Yes, I love it. I get that fine, grown ass man vibe whenever I see him." She'd agreed, admiring the sudden changes he'd made. BG had always been the finest to her, but now he'd put an entire new meaning behind that quite simple term.

Lira nodded as she continued to eat. "So, how's school miss future nurse practitioner? I know this semester is barely even started yet, but how you feeling so far?"

"School is going great. Besides being exhausted nearly everyday, I love being able to do what I do. I can't wait to actually graduate and begin working in the field. All I want right now is to do well in school and have those credentials behind my name. I'm working so hard, and I'm literally putting my all into this. My grandmother's talks and words of wisdom motivate me. We talked, we prayed, we manifested this. Now that I'm here, I feel as if I'd be doing her a dishonor if I didn't give it my all."

Lira nodded as she listened to the passion in her voice. "I can tell this means a lot to you. Work hard now, and it'll be so rewarding later. That's why I pushed through college so young, now I get to fulfill my purpose of just pouring into children. On another note, do you plan to finish school and move with BG after you graduate?"

At the sound of that question, Layton sighed. It wasn't an easy topic to discuss, simply because she wasn't the most sure of her decision yet. Yet again, she didn't just have a clear answer to give. "Lira, honestly I don't even know at this point. I'd planned to be out there by now." She'd expressed. She honestly did planned to had been out there by now, but time just had moved so quickly.