Return to The Mansion

Start from the beginning

How troublesome.

Lucifer: You seem quite troubled, already regretting killing Crusch?

I didn't face her directly, but I gave her a sharp glance for a moment.

Pleiades: Don't talk about this here. Not when someone could be listening to us.

She only smirked to herself and glanced away from me.

It was getting annoying at this point. If she mentioned it when we were surely alone, I wouldn't be so bothered by it. But in another person's home? No thank you.

Pleiades: Say, what's your impression on Frederica?

Lucifer: She's a maid. I don't see anything special about her except for the fact that she's demi-human.

She seems pretty confident in her conclusion that Frederica is a demi-human. Maybe it's from how long she's lived that she's just able to see that kind of stuff?

Even if that is the case, she shrugged the maid of as a normal maid too quickly.

As of now, she doesn't seem as an issue or someone that is capable of high level manipulation that could pose an issue to me. Right now, it's as Lucifer says, she's a maid. That's all.

But I couldn't help but be suspicious since she's Roswaal's maid. That guy is the only person so far that I can't get a read on, so I wondered if he trained Frederica to be similar to him. Unreadable.

Though, she wasn't outright unreadable like Roswaal, it would be wise to keep an eye out.

Eventually, Frederica came back with our drinks. I had a simple cup of tea while Lucifer ordered a cup of water, which has suprised me. I had expected her to ask for some wine or something...

Wait, what is she doing? She put her finger in the water and-- The water slowly turned a deep shade of red... No way.

Frederica seemed impressed by the display, but didn't comment on it.

Pleiades: I thought that's supposed to be jesus's thing...

She scoffed at my words, but didn't respond and just drank from the cup of whine.

I turned away from her and focussed my gaze on Frederica.

Pleiades: By the way, Frederica. I was invited to meet with Roswaal in the Sanctuary, but I don't know where that place is.

Frederica: Yes, Roswaal-sama mentioned that you'd most likely have trouble arriving there, so he requested me to give you directions on where to go.

Hm... So he did discuss with her on the topic of my arrival here. I'm still unsure as to why he couldn't give an exact location on where the Sanctuary was. Maybe the letter would have been too long? Laziness? No, I doubt it, but I don't have any concrete proof.

Maybe, I should try the easy route here? I doubt it'll work, but giving it a try won't hurt.

Pleiades: Hope you don't mind me asking, but what goes through Roswaal's head, Frederica.

It was a straight forward question. And most likely, a question that she'd refuse to answer.

Frederica: Unfortunately, I am not aware of what goes through Roswaal-sama's head. I believe that there are only two people in the world that he trusts enough to share his plans with.

That... Wasn't what I expected. I thought that she would just outright refuse me. Interesting...

Frederica: Ram and the Great Spirit of this mansion's forbidden library. If you wish for answers, I recommend asking either of them if you want that question answered.