{{Chapter 23: Meeting}}

The next morning the Casino was closed for the week, especially since it was snowing like crazy.
Mugman smiled as he and Cuphead looked outside,"Remember when we use to play in the snow?", "Obviously, I remember you always built snowman and then we would built snowforts to have an epic snow fight.", "Then, Elder Kettle would then take us inside and make us coco before taking us ice skating.", they chuckled at the good memory, Daisy was sort in some kind of hibernation phase as flowers don't really like the cold as it risks them withering away.
"Do you think Devil will help us, and not stab us in the back?"
"I'm not sure anymore. . ."
Mugman shuddered, he reached to touch the window only for his hand to ho right through.
"If those two were angels, and did all this just to get to The Calix Animi Power, but then we think that demons were once slaves to this organisation. . ."
Cup nods, he was so tired and he was so scared of what on earth was happening to him.
"Mugs. . . I'm scared."
Mugs turned to Cuphead, who was picking at his scar,"I dunno what's happening to me or what will happen to me, I-I really-", "Hey.", Mugman appeared closer to him, resting his hand on Cuphead's hand to move his hand from the scar,"First off all, don't pick it will make it worse and don't worry, I'll protect you no matter what happens; If the Devil or those brothers, any being tries to hurt you: I will be there to protect you.", Cup smiled, he grabbed more bandages and covered the crack again just so he would stop picking the scar.

=

"Okay; I have a solution."
The Devil put some papers in front of Mug and Cup, Dice took a glance but mostly stood at the mirror to keep Gabriel from trying anything stupid.
"As you may know, Mugman. Cups are much higher in the authority than Mugs, Kettles and of course Demons, the reason behind the visions, nightmares and possibly other side effects could be a connection growing and possible power coming through due to age.", silence rang out, giving Cuphead time to process as Mugman understood almost immediately.
"You're saying he's gaining some power from the Calix Animi?!"
"Yes."
Cuphead frowned,"But- That doesn't make sense, we only used the potion-", "The potion activated your powers early and faded away because it was not time for your powers to come in.", Mugman was shocked, so the powers would have came back as they came to age.
Come to think of it, Cuphead and him didn't turn 19 not too long ago, he turned 19 before Cuphead as he was a few minutes older than Cup.
"And- Wait, you said something about my nightmares from both the past and present."
Dice stepped in,"If I may?", "You may Dice.", Dice turned to Cuphead,"Due to my experience of my ability, we determined that the nightmares from the past and future may have something to do with the Calix Animi and the vision, presumably you had a vision through the eyes of someone from the Calix Animi.", Cup gulped, Mugman felt even colder despite being a ghost or spirit.
"Oh- I saw something through the eyes of a dead person."
Devil then pointed his Quil to Cuphead,"And I want permission to look at these nightmares from the past to piece together your future nightmares.", Mugman turned to Devil and Dice,"You better not doing anything to him.", "Trust me Mugman; We won't hurt him, besides I don't even think we could do anything to him after the alcohol incident.", Cuphead gulped, that was still ongoing investigation.