Episode 14: Down and Outback

Start from the beginning

3rd Person POV:

Not too far away Brody and Geoff had just finished collecting their ten rabbits.

"Woo-hoo! We got ten rabbits!" Geoff cheered holding up their sack, suddenly the two of them heard a massive splash. Nearby, the Ice Dancers knew this was their chance to get their ten rabbits, and hatch the next part of their plan.

"Wow, did you see that tractor take a dive?" Josee began.

"Oh, way, deadly. I wonder who was on it?" Jacques said.

"Marnie," Josee said.

"Oh, that's why I heard her scream 'Help me Brody!'" Jacques exclaimed. At this Brody gasped:

"I'm coming!" he cried as he ran in the direction of the docks.

"Dude, wait! We need to..." Geoff said before he realized it was no use he sighed putting his sack  back on the ground. "Ugh stay little bunnies. BRODY!" he yelled, running after his best friend.

"Oh, look, we've got our ten rabbits!" Josee smiled, maliciously.

"OH! So evil!" Jacques smiled with her.

Marnie POV:

Macarthur and I resurfaced soon after we dove into the tractor. We then saw Sanders, Kristen and Brody run up to us.

"Oh! You're alive!" Brody exclaimed.

"You can't just run off and leave us without backup," Sanders said.

"Both of us lost all the other rabbits," Kristen explained.

"Relax, we both nabbed an albino see?" Macarthur said as she and I both held up the white rabbits by their ears. But suddenly the whiteness came off both rabbits and they were exposed as brown, and grey. Kristen gasped as Sanders said:

"They're both fakes,"

"Whoa, whoa, they were faking? Bad bunnies," Brody scolded.

"Easy, Brody, the bunnies didn't do this," I said.

"But I know who did," Macarthur said in a serious tone. We got out of the pond and started to run through the cabbage patches with both the Cadets and the Surfers. Quickly drying off we saw that there were no other teams and I got worried.

"We're the only ones left," Kristen said.

"That's cool we got dibs on the whole place," Geoff said.

"Yeah, and we're tied for last," Sanders said.

"I will gladly share our bunnies with all of you wherever they are," Brody said.

"Really? Wow thanks," I smiled, blushing slightly, as he smiled back.

"Aw man! All our bunnies escaped and so did our sack, weird," Geoff said.

"We can't think about that now, we gotta bag a butt-load of rabbits fast, and I know how," Macarthur said, grinning. She then made us tie a bunch of carrots to herself and leapt in amongst a crowd of rabbits.

"Let's do this!" She yelled. The critters grinned maliciously, before they chomped down. We heard and cringed at Macarthur's pain. Slowly, the cadet shuffled over to the farmer as the rest of us joined her.

"These are for- ow! My team, the Daredevils- ooh! And-uah! The Surfers!" she said through rabbit bites. Brody and I then moved toward the farmer to grab the tip.

"Sorry, you go," I said, and he smiled before grabbing the tip.

"Sweet, thanks," he said, as the farmer gave him a confused look.

"Glide asunder, from the great down-under, so we have to take a glider and fly to a New Zealand?" Brody questioned.

"Dude, don't worry about it, New Zealand's a country, you guys just have to follow us, kay?" I said, winking at him.

"Really? Thanks!" he said.

"You're welcome," I smiled. We then got a glider each, with Kristen driving ours. Soon enough we were the ones first in the air out of our three teams. Kristen having a pilot's licence definitely helped. With the Surfers and the Cadets behind us. We had now been gliding for 20 minutes and Kristen asked me:

"Why is it you still like him?"

"One he is the sweetest guy I've ever met, two he is really hot, and three just because he likes someone else, doesn't mean I can't like him anyway," I said.

"Doesn't that seem a bit redundant?"

"You're one to talk, Sanders is so into you she's practically giving you the prize money,"

"Well uh-that's-um, shut up!" she said, after a brief pause Kristen spoke up again.

"She really does like me doesn't she?" she asked.

"Oh, yeah, absolutely," I reassured her. "And if you don't tell her by the end of the competition I will," I smiled.

"You're evil," Kristen smiled. 

"You and I both know that's not true," I said, knowing she'd lost she pouted in defeat.

"I hate you so much sometimes," she muttered.

"Love you too," I smiled. After a bit of a longer glide than expected we touched down in New Zealand. After hopping out of our glider we ran toward the carpet.

"Marnie, Kristen, you're in 8th place," Don said, and we cheered before hugging each other. After that the Surfers and the Cadets arrived in 9th and 10th place respectively. The six of us cheered as we headed to our hotel and I was so glad I was back on somewhat better terms with Brody.