Looking up from Kuroo's hug, you met his golden eyes, so sweet and mellow as they stared right at you.

His fingers stroked your back once again, running all the way down your arms to intertwine in your grip. And you knew it was time to start walking. You obeyed that wordless order and adapted to his quick pace as he pulled you away with him.

Kiyoshi observed the whole interaction from your room with worry.

You had stopped having breakfast with him; you barely talked with each other now. Not like you were home enough to do that, but still - when you were - you never got out of your room.

He could hear your soft sniffles in the night: he'd sit behind your door and try to be as close as he could, even if you didn't allow his physical presence. He'd sit there until he was sure you were asleep - repeatedly catching himself also dozing off.

But Kiyoshi missed you.

And he sure didn't like that guy with the catlike stare, who oftentimes wickedly grinned at him while holding you in his arms.

School hours flew away in your warped perception of time. You could sneak peeks of Fukunaga's jumpy figure with your peripheral vision, and you could sense that he had been long waiting for the right chance to talk to you and give you his side of the story.

Which you knew was going to be scarce and airy-fairy: Kuroo had warned you to not let him anywhere near you when you were on your own, because if he had the nerve to lie about something so obvious, only god knew what he was capable of.

And Kuroo didn't specifically say it, but heavily implied the word 'rape'.

"We don't want that, right?" he whispered in your ear, shivers running down your spine as you slowly scooted closer to him. He snuck an arm around your body, inviting you to rest in his secure hold.

"No," you mumbled, closing your eyes and laying your head in the crook of his neck, avidly breathing in his scent. You mindlessly brushed your lips on his bare skin, letting warm breaths melt into it. Kuroo's hand traveled down to the bottom of your back, further pushing you onto his own lap.

He moaned softly into your ear, "I won't let anyone hurt you."

You had already packed your schoolbag as the last bell chimed in the buzzy hallways, ready to rush out of your classroom and reach the volleyball team for practice.

Looking back at Fukunaga's desk, you could see that he'd done the same - he sat on the edge of the table, bag hanging from one strap on his shoulder and hands buried deep in his pockets. His vigilant eyes followed your movements, his body leaning forward as he was ready to spring toward you.

You tensed up, walking away quickly and with a lost gaze trying to find Kuroo in the corridor.

But Fukunaga's hand had already found yours, and it desperately attempted to clasp at your fingers, in vain. You pushed against the other students, just hoping to get lost in that horde and find him - your savior.

Kuroo smirked when he dected your disoriented face in the crowd. He loved to see how you'd started to cling to him for any kind of support, especially when the reason for your terror was another person.

You stretched an arm in his direction, shaking your head to point behind you and alert Kuroo of the unwanted presence - so he just pulled your hand, staring at Fukunaga dead in the eyes with an adamant smile, and "Fuck off," he mouthed.