The two of them set off, and as the four children watched, various guards ran around the city searching for the young prince.

Rivan said, "We should help look for him."

The four of them agreed and split up to look for Sidon.

Link didn't know what was so scary about Ploymus Mountain but he headed that direction. If it was just a couple of monsters, he'd have no problem defending himself and Sidon. 

He asked a guard where it was and he was immediately shut down. "You don't want to go there, kid. There's a Lynel up there, it's far too dangerous."

A Lynel? Link had heard of them but he'd never seen one. They said even a Captain of the Guard wouldn't fight one. His father had said he'd never seen one in person but if Link ever did, to run away before anything else.

Link relied on signs to get to Ploymus Point. It was all the way up Ploymus Mountain.

The trek took Link just under an hour. It was nightfall by the time he made it there. He was quiet, not calling out for Sidon in case he encountered the Lynel.

A memory returned to him of Bazz urging Link to go to Ploymus Point with them. It was the highest dive spot, they said. Link looked for the highest point and headed in that direction. Link likely would have said yes, but his father had stopped him before he had the chance.

It was hard to see in the dark, but Link glimpsed a flash of red. He sprung out of the bushes in that direction and went still. Indeed, he found what he was looking for.

He also found what he was trying to avoid.

Prince Sidon, still just a baby, stood in front of a towering giant of a beast.

It was tall--taller than a moblin. It was a lion's head on a human body, but where the legs were supposed to be was the torso of a horse. Its eyes glowed eerily as it turned its head to discover Link.

Link shook where he stood, his hand flexing as if meaning to draw his sword, but he was so petrified he wasn't sure whether or not to run.

Sidon seemed to be in the same predicament. He was frozen before the Lynel, trembling. He held a weapon too big for his small hands.

He was trying so hard to be brave, Link could tell. But there was no chance of Sidon surviving the next minute unless Link intervened.

He drew the Master Sword.

The blade gleamed in the night, and the beast roared. It stood on its hind legs as it turned to him, pawing at the ground. Link's hair stood on end, his body cold.

It charged.

Using all the courage he could muster, Link waited to jump out of the way until the last minute. It flew past him, and for a moment was still, as if shocked it didn't capture Link in its enormous jaws.

Link knew his only chance was to attack relentlessly. He couldn't hold back.

Despite the sword being far too large for his hands, he wielded it well. He sliced the back legs of the monster, and before it recovered and cut him in half, he sprung away.

He was right to anticipate it. With speed nothing like Link had ever seen before, it whipped its blade right through where Link had been standing. Link flushed cold.

Sidon had run away. He stood now fifty yards from the battle, unable to look away as Link barely avoided deadly blows, and dealt wounds not so harmful.

Link knew he was in for it. He'd defeated almost every opponent thrown at him--but this one? Link questioned himself. Was he strong enough for this? Especially with too big of a sword. He could use it but it still wasn't balanced properly.